corrupt user

We have a user that has been on our exchange server for over a year. Now all
of a sudden when he tries to log in he gets an error saying"System cannot log
you on. Make sure user name and Domain are correct and retype it in." I have
tried resetting his password using the same one and it worked a couple of
times but now it won't. He is the only user out of 100 that has this problem.
Even when he logged in when he tried to access a folder on the exchange
server it would not let him. It would say access denied. Other people could
without a problem. He has no restrictions on his profile. Is it possible that
there is some kind of corruption in his user profile? Does anyone have any
suggestions? We have NT4.0 with the latest service pack. Please let me know
if anyone has any suggetions.
Thank you,
cat
--
cat

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

cat:

I have had a few occasions over the past couple years when
an account gets corrupt. When that has happened on my
network, I get a message that says "A network error has
occurred." I do not run an Exchange Server on my domain,
though.
The course of action that always resolved this for me was
to delete the user account, and then recreate it with the
same user name, password, etc.

Good luck!

Dave

To rule out his profile have him logon to another machine which will create
him a new profile and test that.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+