[SOLVED] Corrupted/Failing SSD?

raywestnit

Honorable
Jul 4, 2018
Just wanted to ask this before I buy a new SSD,
Had a problem while installing something on my SSD the PC completely slowed down, the mouse was moving really slow and I can't open and close any applications, had to force restart my pc but then my windows seem to have sh*t itself so I tried reinstalling windows, it won't even let me delete partitions or make new ones.

Is it even worth it to try to troubleshoot and fix this problem? or should I just buy a new SSD

(SSD in question: Kingston A400 240GB)
(Also wanted to ask if there were any budget m.2 SSD's you guys would recommend!)

Much thanks and keep safe,

Solution
Is it even worth it to try to troubleshoot and fix this problem? or should I just buy a new SSD
(Also wanted to ask if there were any budget m.2 SSD's you guys would recommend!)

I would not touch Kingston SSDs with a 10 ft pole. They are dying in alarming rate due to poor controller and memory design. Google about Kingston SSD failures. Nothing to troubleshoot here. It is mandatory to get a new SSD and dispose that A400 you have. Yes, get a new SSD (not Kingston) and reinstall Windows and other software on it.
Had a problem while installing something on my SSD the PC completely slowed down, the mouse was moving really slow and I can't open and close any applications, had to force restart my pc but then my windows seem to have sh*t itself so I tried reinstalling windows, it won't even let me delete partitions or make new ones.

Well if you are just going to wipe the pc then you can try using cmd to format the drive

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-start-windows-10-command-prompt,36681.html

I would not touch Kingston SSDs with a 10 ft pole. They are dying in alarming rate due to poor controller and memory design. Google about Kingston SSD failures. Nothing to troubleshoot here. It is mandatory to get a new SSD and dispose that A400 you have. Yes, get a new SSD (not Kingston) and reinstall Windows and other software on it.

Reactions: white.a.drew
Solution