Corrupted files ?

Nov 15, 2018
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. That has appeared to me and mi CBS.log looks like this http:// Is this something I should worry about? I've aleready done chkdsk sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Any help, please?
Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you run sfc again after dism?

I would normally offer you a fix here using a longer version of DISM but there are complications

What version of win 10 are you running?
right click start
choose run...
type winver and press enter

what version are you on?

You see, normally I would offer this version of dism and offer instructions on how to fix it using an ISO of win 10 to get new files but MIcrosoft released a new version of win 10 last week and I doubt you have it yet.

If you are on version 1809,
Download a copy of the win 10 iso from Here - create ISO by telling it you want to make DVD - and then mount that ISO in file explorer (see Here) and then copy paste the below command into command prompt (admin)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess
Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

If you are on a previous version of win 10, go to the MIcrosoft site and click 1st link here - https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10
that will download the upgrade assistant, run it and update win 10 to latest version. This act alone could fix the errors since it replaces win 10 with a new copy.

Nov 15, 2018

Yes I did, Okay ill try it thank you very much

Nov 15, 2018

Colif

Win 11 Master
when i gave initial advice I should have said "Only continue doing these steps if the previous step didn't work" as I feel if the 2nd sfc found nothing, you shouldn't have gone and upgraded.

So does it work on a new user? cause that is a way easier fix than trying to get old profile to work again. If its admin, it can access everything previously installed.

Nov 15, 2018

No, the other solutions didn't work, upgrading did solve the sfc /scannow issue.

So yeah, I think the only way aside from doing a complete new installation is to migrate to another user.
I think there is no solution atm for this settings thing.

Thank you very much for all your help, Colif. Im very thankful.

Colif

Win 11 Master
windows users seem to break easy, I have had to swap to a new one before. I had auto login set up and PC would something forget my password and log me into desktop as a guest. I had to make a new user to stop that happening.

Often the only fix for that cbs log thing is a fresh install so we managed to avoid that at least.