Question Corrupted files

Jun 12, 2020
Hi. I Installed windows 10 over windows 7. While installing , i accidentally formatted all partitions. But after installing windows 10, i used easeus data recovery and recovered all the formatted files without missing any of them. But the recovered files are not opening , it says it may be corrupted. Can anyone help me with this please ? .

USAFRet

Titan
You recovered file names and fragments. NOT all the actual "files".

If the standard consumer grade tools 'recovered' something, but the OS and applications show them as corrupted....this is what proactive backups are for.

The formatting and installation of Win 10 actually overwrote a lot of the existing data. Deleting those partitions simply let the OS install use whatever space it wanted.
Once the bit is actually overwritten, it is gone gone gone.

Jun 12, 2020

If the standard consumer grade tools 'recovered' something, but the OS and applications show them as corrupted....this is what proactive backups are for.

The formatting and installation of Win 10 actually overwrote a lot of the existing data. Deleting those partitions simply let the OS install use whatever space it wanted.

Oh no..😖.. So sad.
And Thanks for the help. Im searching google for three days about this. Now i get the answer with reason from you. Thank you so much.