Corrupted hard drive?

Troels Vestergaard

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014
Hello.

When i started my Pc recently, it seemed like my main hard drive has been corrupted some how.

I cant open, edit or delete files on my local drive. At can't download, watch movies online or open certain programs and games either.

I don't know if this is a virus or a hardware failure.

For some reason, even though this drive is failing this way, my windows still works.

What should i do?

Troels Vestergaard

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014
Okay, after several restarts among other failed fixes, i restarted once again. For some reason my PC now chose to notify me that something was wrong, so i tried recovering to a few days earlier. This one failed too, but when the PC booted up again, it just said, out of nowhere, that something was wrong with my "C:/" drive, and that it would be fixed automaticly - which it did. I have no idea what happened.

Hi there Troels Vestergaard,

As your system works just fine, my suggestion would be to back up the data stored on the drive. After that, you can just run some antivirus/malware scans and test your drives.
Use of these tools and observe the SMART report: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/282651-32-best-diagnostic-testing-utility

Look for pending/reallocated and uncorrectable sectors.

Let us know how this goes,
D_Know_WD :)

Solution

You should still run crystaldiskinfo like i suggested and post the results.