Corrupted Windows 10 un-repairable; Asking how to completely format my SSD so I can fresh install windows

Sep 26, 2018
Hello all,

I've recently installed Windows 10 on a new computer, put my softwares on it, and late last night went to configure Steam VR. The computer hung and I couldn't access task manager so I did an unsafe power down using the power button. (Does ctrl alt del work on Win 10? I can't even find clear info on that.)

Well that seemed to be all it took to get a repeating BSOD upon load with the reason being "Unmountable Boot Volume". I've gone through everything I can find from letting it cycle through reboots, to trying to boot without fast mode (using a UEFI Bios), so I made a bootable USB to try to repair. 2 hours later, repair says it's unrepairable and I don't have a fallback restore point. I now have command prompt open and it says:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.112]
Not enough memory resources are available to process this command.

X:\Sources>

Every action I take results in at least 5 minutes to get to a new stage, and any stage I attempt takes about a half hour to an hour to see any progress on the screen.

Any results I find trying to search google for removing windows from cmd or command prompt or from bios inevitably results in needing to install something that's uninstallable so I'm looking to just wipe everything on my SSD and start fresh.

Would very much appreciate some help on how to do this. Thank you for your time!

Solution
Ah problem is solved. Faulty SSD. It is proven dead merely by taking it out and attempting to load setup. If you want to drop an answer below saying Faulty SSD, I'll mark your answer as correct for your internet points :)

Thanks again for taking the time!
Sep 26, 2018

Well this isn't going as smoothly as I'd hoped.

Now that I've gotten to the section where I can format partitions during Setup; It's telling me that it can't format the partitions [ Error: 0x80070057 ] Also keep in mind that it took 15 minutes to get into setup from bios, and another 10 minutes merely to select a single partition, then 5 minutes to confirm that it can't be formatted.

Sep 26, 2018
I have nothing else I can test on, I'm reaching out to see if I can borrow some funds for an HDD. Would a basic portable drive be sufficient to test components or do I need an internal hdd connected?

This comp was working just fine until I tried to install Steam VR and had to power it off.

Sep 26, 2018
Ah problem is solved. Faulty SSD. It is proven dead merely by taking it out and attempting to load setup. If you want to drop an answer below saying Faulty SSD, I'll mark your answer as correct for your internet points :)

Thanks again for taking the time!

Solution