Corrupted windows media player?

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
I found out a few days ago that my windows media player on my laptop got corrupted. it reads every wideo in inverted colors and i cant fix it. i scanned for viruses and got nothing, so i was going to delete it and redownload a new one. Problem is that it wont let me delete it because i dont have permission to make changes to it because i dont have permission from some company, (didnt say microsoft) and i also couldnt redownload a new on ebecause on the windows website it doenst give you a download button it just says that it is included in windows 7. what do i do?

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011

well i use microsoft security essentials, and i scan my computer about once a week or more and update the virus deffinitions regularly. i think its per,issions from the company who actually made media player, other than microsoft.
@ mayancleoboy well i also would like to delete it if i get a new media player because i cant figure out how to get it to switch to other media player (for example quick time) as the default. i also cant delete it that is the main issue.\
@ truegeneous um, im on windows 7, i see no view button on the window for wmplayer...

Click start>default programs to switch default program

And there is view button on WMP

Click on the icon in red circle to go to Library mode

25tcn6d.png

Right click on blank and you see "view"

You can enable top bar with view>show menu bar so things stay there.

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
o open up an old thread, but i decided to look at vlc media player, anyone know whether or not the exe installer has anything unhealthy for my computer on it? i was going to download it on my grandparents desktop because the windows media player cant decode a dvd for some reason and i cant buy plugins for it. also i still havent gotten around to getting it for my own laptop, oh, and i aksed about the securioty becaue im not so sure about the dependancy of their antivirus...