Corsair’s T1 Race Gaming Chair, Hands (And Back, And Butt) On

Status
Not open for further replies.

sillynilly

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
Looks like junk and I'm sorry, but for $300 you get a plastic base? I don't care how "heavy" the base is. A big no thanks for this gamer.

zeus_anoxia

Reputable
May 19, 2017
what is with this "racing chair" fad these days?? Racing seats were never designed for comfort. for this kind of money you can get a really good, comfortable office chair

Gurg

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013
Why no info on weight limit or height suggestions? Does the seat height adjustment stay in place if a person close to the weight limit sits on it? Does it include a lower lumbar pillow? Seat and back comfortable for people of varying dimensions? Lots of questions not addressed. I own a very comfortable DX Racing chair purchased for less at Amazon.

Gurg

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013
Correction to above: DXRacer from NewEgg $299 with free shipping rather than Amazon but both offer the chair. Purchased two years ago and it has held up great, with cushions and bolsters still firm as when purchased and no evidence of wear. I use it 6-8 hours a day. Came with both a lumbar and neck pillows and really like lumbar pillow. Very comfortable. I'm 6'1" 240+ pounds with pretty broad shoulders. Reminds me a lot of the recaro racing seats in sports cars.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Based on the Class 4 lift it should be 350 pounds. Obviously if you weighed much less than me, the recline mechanism won't slip as easily when not fully engaged. But, it sounds to me like your just spreading similar weight over an extra couple inches of height.

Photos of the pillows both off the chair and installed are accompanied with mention that they can be slid up or down. I didn't break the discussion into neck and lumbar pillows except to say that the neck pillow will need to be moved to the headrest for users over an approximate (short) height. Perhaps I shouldn't rely as much on the pictures to tell the story, perhaps I'll know that if I ever have a similar opportunity.

Two things can happen as the chair ages: If it ages well, the hook will gradually seat farther between the teeth. If it ages poorly, the teeth will get rounder and the engagement will be less effective. I believe the key to helping it age well is to never again allow it to slip.

DerekA_C

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
lol, I will stick with what Costco offers an amazing Executive chair that is hell of a lot more comfortable and adjustable then that and cheaper and you get to try it before you buy it.

gio2vanni86

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
I bought my leather executive chair in 2005. I still have it today and i got it from staples for 300. I doubt that chair right there will last even 3 years.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I've always liked Steelcase chairs because they were the best I could get from surplus auctions :D But this thing IS very sturdy apart from that adjuster jumping: If it was a relatively rare manufacturing defect such as burrs preventing the catch from sliding into position easily, we can probably count on the non-defective units lasting at least 3 years.

I am firmly in the camp of "wait and see what buyers report" on this one.

Morbus

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
I don't understand how anyone would want a chair like this. You're going to be paying more because of all the fluff it comes with to look like a car seat, and of course coming from a company with little to no experience designing chairs, you'll be paying tons for the R&D alone. This is a chair I would buy for 100€. Because any higher than that I would go for my current chair, the Ikea Markus. The problem with this chair is it's not adjustable, so you need to try it first to see if it suits you (I'm 5'8", any shorter I'd struggle to feel comfortable, I find), but apart from that it's a brilliant chair, and comes with 10 year warranty. For the leather, I think.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You speak as if they manufactured this thing themselves. More likely would be that it's a design treatment to an existing product, with upgraded casters and stuff.

rayden54

Honorable
May 14, 2013
Oh so that's the ugly holes are for: seatbelts. I've always liked the little splashes of color and textured look these things have. Never been overly fond of the shape though. Nor the price. Nor the fact that they all seem to be for people taller than me.

Richard_248

Prominent
May 9, 2017
For anyone complaining about this racing chair: please recommend me a chair under $300 that allows you to adjust and lock in the back angle.

The point of racing chairs is to get the flexibility actual race seats give such as not acting like a baby rocking chair but having the angle fully adjustable. I have searched far and wide for a chair under $300 that has this feature. Any help would be appreciated.

Larmo-Ct

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
Oddly, I just purchased a Nitro Concepts chair (black with red back center panel, side seat trim and wheels), on sale from Newegg for $108.00 free three day shipping. The price and the fact that the armrests have pads, worked for me. No instruction book provided. Only a 8-1/2 x 11" diagram sheet. It would have been nice to know how difficult it is, to attach the back to the armrests. If you don't follow the exact steps as shown in the diagram. I found it very hard aligning the holes on the armrests with the holes in the back. Other than that, I think I got my money's worth. Further, the carton arrived with a hole in it, with the adjustment lever sticking out of the box. I immediately called Newegg to report the condition of the carton, in case the part was
damaged. Their usual great customer service, gave me a $10.00 e-credit, and said that I could either ship the chair back, or contact them for a price adjustment. :)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You're not thinking like a marketer. It's not "dumping", it's "enhanced egress v1.0". A feature! Wait until you see what v2.0 looks like!

Sadly, it appears I broke the "enhanced egress" function. My spine quit feeling like jelly after a couple days, so I started working the mechanism manually (shaking the back to make sure it locked). And now I'm no longer able to get the mechanism to skip. So I'm going with the obstructed mechanism theme, either that there were burrs preventing the latch from sliding into place upon slight misalignment, or that there was some other obstruction (such as a scrap piece of padding or upholstery) that might have gotten stuck in there and later mashed to the point where it didn't matter.

That's a good price, but it's now $250 and doesn't have anything this chair doesn't have. Plus, it doesn't have racing wheels :D

Cellar_Dweller

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017
I bought this chair a few weeks back and already one of the wheels has broken off. First I started noticing ball bearings all over the floor. Today the wheel finally snapped. So I've had it less than a month. For the person who said the armrests were padded they are (NOT).

Cellar_Dweller

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017
I purchased the chair last month. I started noticing ball bearings all over the floor. I put in an RMA for the wheels 5 new are supposed to be coming. Problem is it's going to keep happening. Today the wheel finally broke off while sliding it into my desk. For the person that said the armrests are padded. They are (NOT). I love the chair but they should have had the better double wheel design. I guess if all else fails you might be able to buy different ones online somewhere that would possibly work better.

Larmo-Ct

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.