News Corsair 12VHPWR Power Adapter Could Help Prevent 16-Pin Meltdowns

KevBacon

Reputable
Feb 12, 2019
I haven't used one but just looking at these types of adapters seems like a bad idea to me. I have the white Corsair Premium 12VHPWR on my white Strix 4090 OC. With the angled adapters I'd be worried about any kind of "settling in" of the cables after awhile, allowing the connector to lean forward or backward. The weight of the adapter itself would only make that situation even worse. I think these angled connectors make it even likelier that the pins become loose, as users have reported with the CableMod angled connector.

Papusan

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2016
I haven't used one but just looking at these types of adapters seems like a bad idea to me. I have the white Corsair Premium 12VHPWR on my white Strix 4090 OC. With the angled adapters I'd be worried about any kind of "settling in" of the cables after awhile, allowing the connector to lean forward or backward. The weight of the adapter itself would only make that situation even worse. I think these angled connectors make it even likelier that the pins become loose, as users have reported with the CableMod angled connector.
The CM angled adapters have a faiurerate near 99:1 vs cables from OEM/pigtail or PSU manufacturers. How can the new Corsair adapter be so much better and don't fail so hard... Yep, it can better because over 90% of the custom 4090 cards can't use it :) The failure ratio will be much lower.

TRENDING THREADS