[SOLVED] Corsair 220T Power Supply Fit

Nov 19, 2019
Hi all, I am looking to purchase the corsair 220T but there has been complaints with the power supply not fitting. Would the corsair RM 750 fit with clearance for a hardrive? Thanks.

Solution
Is there a reason why you are going with a 750w power supply when in reality all you really need is a 550w unit and a 650w unit would, in reality, be giving you about 150w headroom beyond what is actually required?

I'd just go with something like this, and you'd have plenty of clearance anyhow. Only 150mm long, high quality Seasonic platform with a 7 year warranty, more than enough capacity for that build with about 150w headroom, at least, in case you plan to do any overclocking or just for the purpose of ensuring the unit runs far below capacity for quiet and cool operation.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($94.99 @ Amazon)...
Not sure where you got the idea that a PSU won't fit, but that case accepts any standard ATX power supply up to 180mm in length.

The Corsair RM750 is exactly 180mm in length.

What are the specs for the hardware you are planning to run in this system? CPU and graphics card models?

Reactions: oldcracc
Nov 19, 2019
Not sure where you got the idea that a PSU won't fit, but that case accepts any standard ATX power supply up to 180mm in length.

The Corsair RM750 is exactly 180mm in length.

What are the specs for the hardware you are planning to run in this system? CPU and graphics card models?

Some reviews say the cables are a very tight fit for where the harddrives are located, but im not to sure.

I will be running the Ryzen 7 3700x and a 2070 super.

Also, im not to sure if the graphics card will fit!

Here is the model
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER WINDFORCE OC 3X 8G Graphics Card

Is there a reason why you are going with a 750w power supply when in reality all you really need is a 550w unit and a 650w unit would, in reality, be giving you about 150w headroom beyond what is actually required?

I'd just go with something like this, and you'd have plenty of clearance anyhow. Only 150mm long, high quality Seasonic platform with a 7 year warranty, more than enough capacity for that build with about 150w headroom, at least, in case you plan to do any overclocking or just for the purpose of ensuring the unit runs far below capacity for quiet and cool operation.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $94.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-26 19:18 EST-0500

Last edited:
Reactions: onlytil
Solution
Nov 19, 2019

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $94.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-26 19:18 EST-0500

You're right, saving some money on the power supply and still having a little headroom is always good.