Question corsair 250Q fan pcb

julesbluemonday69

Prominent
Dec 13, 2018
So I got a corsair 275 q with a fan pcb connector on the side of case. I thought cool, its 4 pin and can connect all my 4 pin noctua fans to it to an old sabertooth 990fx mobo. Only problem is I have no control over fan speed. I tried cool and quiet, tried AI suite and can not get any fan control. My cpu fan is at 800 rpm but my one fan that is 5 fans in actuality is running at 1300 rpm and hence is loud, my cpu is at at around 20 Celsius at idle but all my noctua fans are at 1300 rpm. I rather not connect fans to mobo but if need be I will, any suggestions? Thanks in advance

julesbluemonday69

Prominent
Dec 13, 2018
So I am an idiot.....I had the connector for the repeater in a regular fan spot on my mobo. I connected the repeater to cpu_opt on my mobo which I thought was for an extra fan for my noctua heat sink. After I did that all my case fans are synchronized to my cpu temp and or cpu fan. Thanks for your reply Moribund, if you know anything about overclocking an old 8350 on a sabertooth mobo, I would gladly accept any suggestions, Vcore at 1.4 and at 4.9 stable. Thanks again, I'm a novice and this is my first build, pardon my ignorance, thanks again