[SOLVED] Corsair 275r Dust Filter Problem

Aug 11, 2020
I'm curious if anyone else has run into this problem. What is happening is that the screen of the dust filter is rubbing against the front fan blades. I purchased a new set of front case fans for my 275r. On these new fans, the blades aren't in-set quite as deep as the old ones. I think the old ones had a deeper frame, and these blades are more flush with the frame. You can tell that the screen has been stretched just a bit by the suction of the old fans, not enough to cause noise on those, but certainly enough to cause noise with the new ones.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do here? I could buy another filter I suppose, but I'm afraid the same will happen again eventually. I thought about trying to reinforce the filter, spreading it out to straighten out the bowing of the screen, perhaps with a long, thin piece of plastic. I could also use washers on the fans to in-set them into the case some, but I'm using a 360 water cooler behind them, and I'm leary about having too few threads on the cooler screws to hold it up reliably.

I'm scratching my head on this one and hoping you guys have some thoughts. I appreciate anything you can offer. :)

Thanks!

Solution
You could just have the fans behind the radiator and the radiator is the only component that is remotely in contact with the dust filter at the front. That way you have the fans draw iar into the cae, not push as you ar now but in pull.

i.e,
now it's Radiator<Fan<Dust Filter
revised would be <Fans<Radiator<Dust Filter

Lutfij

Titan
You could just have the fans behind the radiator and the radiator is the only component that is remotely in contact with the dust filter at the front. That way you have the fans draw iar into the cae, not push as you ar now but in pull.

i.e,

Solution
Aug 11, 2020

i.e,

That's something I didn't think about. I could do that. I just need to decide if seeing the LED's from the front is important to me.

Thanks for your input! :)

TRENDING THREADS