Question Corsair 300R, MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC Compatibility?

reubenno

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2012
Hello, I am thinking of putting the MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC motherboard into my Corsair Carbide 300r case. However I have read online that the heatsink next to the IO, can interfere with the rear fan.
I have replaced the stock fan with a Noctua NF-F12.
I realise this is a very niche question, but does anybody have experience with these components, or similar ones, and could tell me about clearance of the rear fan and heatsink?
I am also looking at the MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon. However I saw a post here stating that I'd either need to remove the IO Motherboard cover on that board, or modify the fan.

The noctua I swapped the original fan for is more slimline however I'm still unsure.

Thanks.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
However I saw a post here stating that I'd either need to remove the IO Motherboard cover on that board, or modify the fan.
Just an FYI, if you were to have to remove it the I/O shroud is pretty much just for aesthetics (can actually hamper airflow in some cases), so the only downside to removing it would be visual (if you like the way it looks).

Can't answer your actual question though, sorry.

Last edited:

reubenno

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2012
Just an FYI, if you were to have to remove it I/O shrouds are pretty much just for aesthetics (can actually hamper airflow in some cases), so the only downside to removing it would be visual (if you like the way it looks).

Can't answer your actual question though, sorry.

Thanks for the advice! I think the headsink is gonna cause clearance issues on the board I'm looking at, but I'll keep it in mind :)

TRENDING THREADS