[SOLVED] Corsair 32gb (2x16gb set) 3600MHz CL18 keeps booting my PC

Dec 2, 2021
Hi all,

New here and have been reading some posts and you all seem very knowledgeable and very helpful so i thought i'd bite the bullet and ask a question.

I have recently built a new PC with the following specs:

Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi)
Ryzen 7 5800X
Nvidia RTX3080ti FE
32gb DDR4 3600MHz Corsair Vengence Pro RGB RAM (2x16gb) CL18 (model CMW32GX4M2D3600C18 )
Corsair H100i Hydro Platinum RGB AIO CPU cooler
1tb Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe SSD
2tb Crucial BX500 SSD
Corsair RM750 ATX 80+ Gold fully modular PSU

I have the RAM seated in slots A2 and B2 and have enabled the D.O.C.P profile in the BIOS. I have also enabled precision boost for the CPU in the BIOS settings. The D.O.C.P profile has the FCLK set at 1800MHz and the RAM set at 3600MHz and the PC posts ok but after a while i get restarts of the machine for no apparent reason. The restarts are just power down and then power back up again (a red light is displayed briefly on the mobo before going through the boot sequence).

Ive updated the BIOS to the latest version, have the latest chipset drivers etc and windows is on the latest version but these restarts are baffeling me. I can set the FCLK to 1600MHZ and the RAM to 3200MHz and its absolutely fine, runs and doesnt reboot. I know this is a complete minefield to diagnose with such little information given but its doing my head in. I would like the RAM to run at 3600MHz and i know only 3200MHz is 'officially supported' by Ryzen for the R7 5800X but ive read of people managing this without issues.

Ive read about trying to alter the timings but this is above the realms of what i think i can do. Ive read loads of posts and spent a few days trying to understand it all but its hard to grasp.

Could anyone offer any advice to newbie memory OC'er lol

Thanks for taking the time to read this post

:)

Dec 2, 2021
I would do a quick test by using the 3600MHz settings with a bump in the memory voltage to 1.4V and then if it seems stable for a little while, download and run memtest86 with the expectation of 4 passes with no errors.

Also, check out our memory troubleshooting guide.
Ahh thanks for the reply :)

Ill have a try at doing that when i get home tomorrow (working away at the mo). Ill also have a look into running memtest86

:)