[SOLVED] Corsair 3600Mhz ram causing system instability and only boots in safe mode.

Oct 30, 2020
Hey im a first time pc builder and just built my first pc today. Everything is great except the ram wont go to its max speed as the pc wont boot and eventually just goes into bios in safe mode.
The ram is corsair vengeance 3600mhz 2x16 rgb. In the bios I can set it up to 3200 Mhz but anything past that the pc wont boot properly and simply says its unstable but I dont know why
The rest of my parts are
And an EVGA 970 (Going to buy a 3070 as soon as its available"
Does anyone have a similar issue to mine or know how to solve it?

Solution
Which slots do you have the memory installed in, and yes, it definitely makes a difference. Also, what is the EXACT model of your memory kit?

Keep in mind, on your ASUS board, the A2 and B2 slots are likely reversed, but it doesn't matter, they are STILL the second and fourth slots over to the right of the CPU socket and those are the slots that SHOULD always be used for two DIMM population on any modern dual channel motherboard.

UB6JJIp.png
Which slots do you have the memory installed in, and yes, it definitely makes a difference. Also, what is the EXACT model of your memory kit?

Keep in mind, on your ASUS board, the A2 and B2 slots are likely reversed, but it doesn't matter, they are STILL the second and fourth slots over to the right of the CPU socket and those are the slots that SHOULD always be used for two DIMM population on any modern dual channel motherboard.

UB6JJIp.png

Solution
Oct 30, 2020
You hit the nail on the head, Thanks bro. I built it with my friend and he said to use the first two slots but he was wrong so now I'm gonna make fun of him for being overly confident. :)

Yeah, no problem. It's an easy mistake to make but it's one to remember. All modern motherboards that are dual channel are designed to use those same two slots when only two DIMMs are installed. Glad it was an easy solution anyhow. Good luck to you.