Review Corsair 4000X & 4000D Review: An Excellent 450D Successor

Oct 9, 2020
BEWARE. This company does not honour their warranty. My LED mouse mat (a present last Christmas) died after nine months of use and their "Customer Service" has refused to repair or replace it.
See Trustpilot where 66% of Corsair's reviews are Poor or Terrible. AVOID

I find that hard to believe. I've had many occasions where I've had to deal with Corsair on RMA or warranty claims, and I've never had any problems at all. In fact, just a few months ago in the middle of the Coronavirus shut downs, I had a four year old laptop memory module that was part of a kit, fail, and Corsair not only replaced it, they drop shipped me a completely new full replacement kit from the factory in South Korea because there was no inventory on that kit anywhere stateside. Without even having to ship them the original kit first. They shipped it directly to me with a label to send the old kit back. Done deal.

Corsair and Fractal Design, along with EVGA, are EXEMPLARY when it comes to supporting their products in my experience. Maybe your experience was different, but I know there are a LOT of people who will agree with me, people who do this on a daily basis.

Reactions: JoBalz
Oct 9, 2020
Oh it is a fact Darkbreeze, the text of the exchange with customer services is reproduced below. It is also a fact that 66% of Trustpilot reviews for Corsair are 'Poor' or 'Bad'. Many are average and only a few 'Good' or 'Excellent' so it seems that the overall community are significantly at variance with what you say is your experience, so we can conclude that your experience is in a minority and probably has something to do with the fact that you are a moderator on this forum.

The mat was purchased Xmas 2019, so what Corsair say is not true.

(Mod edit - Removed because of personal information)

We appreciate your time providing detailed information about your concern, we are very sorry that your device has become faulty after a year of use, please be advised that we don't have a repair center and as a manufacturer, we only provide placement and as per the review of this case, the mouse matt warranty was already expired from it 2 years warranty. Unfortunately, we won't be able to accommodate your request for a refund or replacement.

We appreciate your contacting Corsair. We value your business and look forward to serving you. Please write to us anytime if you need help with another request in the future.
Thank you for choosing Corsair.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's also a fact that some people might to some degree be fundamentally intellectually challenged, so that really doesn't prove or shed light on anything. Besides which, your personal sample of one isn't representative of the hundreds of thousands (Or more) of sales, inquiries and RMAs handled by Corsair over the course of any given year. I'm not saying it can't happen, because every company these days has to some extent limited the quality of their customer service response by using poorly trained or non-english speaking help desk people, but overall, this would be an uncommon occurrence and a follow up contact or contact through their forums would likely clear things up for most people.

If in fact the support person you dealt with handled your case incorrectly, and the product was still in warranty, it would have been prudent to try and escalate the response. Sometimes we have to do this with ALL companies, including ASUS, MSI, EVGA, and others. It happens. Just because you get an idiot support agent doesn't mean the company itself doesn't back it's products.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBalz
Oct 9, 2020
Good suggestions, thank you. I have left a message on the relevant thread at forum.corsair.com. There doesn't appear to be a direct way to make a formal complaint at Corsair so I have had to send a message to the idiot support asking him to provide me with details of their complaints team. I will update this on Tuesday.

Oct 9, 2020
After asking me to use a whole morning unsuccessfully trying to repair the mousepad, reinstall drivers etc., the issue finally got escalated (so they say). I got the same robotic response in broken English to the effect that I need to go a buy a new one.
Whether they accept a claim under their (much advertised) two year warranty is irrelevant. It is clear that, having failed after 10 months use, the manufacture of the item is not of satisfactory quality. At nearly £60 for a mouse mat I have the right to expect an item of the highest quality.

I have therefore made a claim for the full cost (£59.99) in the small claims court.

JoBalz

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2014
Corsair’s Obsidian 4000 series offers a pretty minimalist design with everything you need for the vast majority of ATX builds.

Corsair 4000X & 4000D Review: An Excellent 450D Successor : Read more

I had the original 350D case and loved it! This one has the same negatives- the sparse front I/O, but what I liked was the easily removable front panel that allowed for easy cleaning of the front filter and access to the front fans. I was disappointed that the 350D and the 450D were not available when I built my new system. It is tempting to pick up one of these!