Corsair 460x motherboard risers help

Simsurf

Commendable
Jan 7, 2017
I have a msi b350m mortar matx going into a Corsair 460x case. As I understand it the risers are built into the plate inside the case?

And The case package comes with one black screw labeled motherboard riser but no where does it tell you if it's needed or where it then goes??

Solution
Just checked pics of Corsair 460X and it does have 1x MoBo riser that is built-in. Also checked my PC cases and my Corsair 760T V2 and Corsair 750D AF Edition cases also have 1x MoBo riser that cannot be removed.

Though, that unmovable riser at the middle of the MoBo doesn't give any issue since regardless the MoBo size you use: mini-ITX, micro-ATX, ATX or E-ATX, all of them have the standoff hole at the same place.

Only reason what i could think of for the built-in MoBo standoff is that it helps to guide MoBo into the PC case. Without it, it's a bit difficult to line up MoBo standoff holes with standoffs in the PC case.

Simsurf

Commendable
Jan 7, 2017
I did get it sorted, but the corsair 460X does come with a number of risers that cannot be moved or removed as far as i could see? They are cylindrical e.g. no way a tool could remove them and seem to form one piece with mb backboard?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Just checked pics of Corsair 460X and it does have 1x MoBo riser that is built-in. Also checked my PC cases and my Corsair 760T V2 and Corsair 750D AF Edition cases also have 1x MoBo riser that cannot be removed.

Though, that unmovable riser at the middle of the MoBo doesn't give any issue since regardless the MoBo size you use: mini-ITX, micro-ATX, ATX or E-ATX, all of them have the standoff hole at the same place.

Only reason what i could think of for the built-in MoBo standoff is that it helps to guide MoBo into the PC case. Without it, it's a bit difficult to line up MoBo standoff holes with standoffs in the PC case.

Solution
Jan 27, 2019

Exactly correct what you say about the risers. Even though there are some know all's that say otherwise. I bought this case yesterday. 5 of the risers are fixed in the case!! Yes they give one free riser for the mATX board. So generous.
They forgot to incude another riser for the this case for my mAtx board. I thought the fixed ones could be removed not knowing they were fixed. It broke off!! So I had to use a riser from another case. I have complained to where I bought it from. The centre fixed pole is ok. That corresponds to the hole in the motherboard. It needs no screw. Its more of use to centre the board when one installs it.

Mod Edit for Language :no: