Corsair 460x or NZXT S340 Elite

nged72

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
Looking to get a new case as well as adding in a H100i v2.

I have read that the s340 elite is a great case but it's rather loud and runs "hot". I was curious if I was to remove the cord hiding plate and do a push/pull with the h100i in the front section of the case would it still run hot?

Also, I noticed there is no filter on the top exhaust and I'm somewhat oCD about dust especially in my dusty apartment, what would be a good option to remedy it?

Lastly, how does the s340 elite compare to the new corsair 460x (rgb or not) in terms of cooling, filters, and noise?

Thanks!

(or should i say screw it and get the Fractal Design Silent? (currently using a full size fractal and love it, but I want something smaller)

Solution
The Elite is a great case but made one mistake when they blocked the side front intake that the non Elite has. This is why less air is able to get in. If you want push/pull then I'd get a different case. I'm not even sure if the 460X supports push/pull front radiator. If you do want 460x then I'd get simply a pull setup.

I'm gonna assume cooling is better in s340 because more area is available to pull air in when compared to S340 Elite.

Did you check out any Phanteks cases? The Phanteks Enthoo Pro M tempered glass one is sick.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.98 @ Newegg)

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

This doesn't depend on the case Itself, but how the fans are configured and which parts are used. If you use a 240mm AIO for the front then you're only going to be able to mount a single in-take intake fan to the top and another one to the lowest on the front. With 2x in-take it already shouldn't be bad.

A benefit of the Corsair X460 is that you can mount the 240MM AIO to the top and add another 3 in-take fans to the front.

I personally think with modern cooling efficient CPU's and graphics card that 2 intake fans are already plenty.

The Elite is a great case but made one mistake when they blocked the side front intake that the non Elite has. This is why less air is able to get in. If you want push/pull then I'd get a different case. I'm not even sure if the 460X supports push/pull front radiator. If you do want 460x then I'd get simply a pull setup.

I'm gonna assume cooling is better in s340 because more area is available to pull air in when compared to S340 Elite.

Did you check out any Phanteks cases? The Phanteks Enthoo Pro M tempered glass one is sick.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.98 @ Newegg)

Solution