Jul 16, 2021
So i recently bought a corsair 465x case, and it came with 3 Corsair LL120 (rgb) fans and a Corsair Lighting node core. I noticed that the fans were pre wired to the lnc and the lnc was powered by a sata cable and connected to the mobo using usb 2.0. In the front (where the mobo goes) I noticed some front panel io that was all explained by the case's manual: hd audio, power sw, reset sw, power led + & -, and usb 3.0. All of these connections were labeled, except for the usb 3.0 connector which was very obvious as the largest one (the manual had pictures :)). In the same location in the front, there were 3 4-pin connectors, and I assume they are for the 3 LL120 fans, because I heard the lnc was only for rgb... i have 4 fan headers on my motherboard, apart from the cpu header and cpu_opt header. another question: do i need a corsair commander or something to control the fans? or can the fans just connect to the motherboard?

if everything i said in here was correct, please let me know... if anything i said was wrong, please correct me. this is the first time i have ever built a pc so please try to explain this as if you were talking to a 9 year old.

Solution
You are correct. The node core only controls the RGB lighting. You can plug the fans into the pwm headers on your mobo and control the fan curve from the bios.

TRENDING THREADS