wiktor.nowak05

Reputable
Nov 5, 2017
ZPPda1N.jpg

Hello, after a lot of research i decided to get a Corsair 5000d airflow for my pc. I also got 7 LL120 fans and 2 LL140 fans for my Corsair h115i rgb platinum. My question is how do i position these fans to get the prettier side of the fans with the ring for aesthetic purposes and also ok temperatures? Will i get issues like bad temperature, noise, extra dust if i place them like this: 2 LL140 fans as exhaust on top for aio, 1 rear LL120 fan as exhaust, 3 LL120 fans mounted in the front as intake, and finally 3 fans mounted on the side of the case as exhaust. Picture attached for easier understanding:)

Solution
as it is you will have a negative case pressure that will be pulling in dust through every possible crack & gap in the case.

also having the sides as exhaust they will be taking the majority of the cool intake from the front and immediately exhausting it before it gets to do any good.
possibly you could lower their RPMs to a bare minimum but this would make them almost pointless.

the best setup would be all 6 front & sides as intakes.
rear and radiator fans exhausting.

RGB-wise, if it's more important to you than temperatures and dust buildup, you can just set them up however looks best to you.
as it is you will have a negative case pressure that will be pulling in dust through every possible crack & gap in the case.

also having the sides as exhaust they will be taking the majority of the cool intake from the front and immediately exhausting it before it gets to do any good.
possibly you could lower their RPMs to a bare minimum but this would make them almost pointless.

the best setup would be all 6 front & sides as intakes.
rear and radiator fans exhausting.

RGB-wise, if it's more important to you than temperatures and dust buildup, you can just set them up however looks best to you.

Solution