Review Corsair 5000X Case Review: a Majestic Tower of Glass Opulence

Jan 15, 2021
This review acknowledges that this case is meant to be used with an AIO on top and all fan slots populated but doesn't show thermals for that configuration... given that this case is unique (at least to my knowledge) in that it's tempered glass with fans in front and side, I was really looking to see thermal performance in its intended use case

This review acknowledges that this case is meant to be used with an AIO on top and all fan slots populated but doesn't show thermals for that configuration... given that this case is unique (at least to my knowledge) in that it's tempered glass with fans in front and side, I was really looking to see thermal performance in its intended use case
Reviews are done as the case is shipped. not added fans or change the fan configuration for better performance.
That way readers know that if they buy this case they will need to purchase additional fans if they want good thermals.
Adding fans can almost double the price of this case if you fill all slots with matching RGB fans to get good cooling results.
So now we are looking at a $400 case price with added fans.

Jan 15, 2021
Reviews are done as the case is shipped. not added fans or change the fan configuration for better performance.
That way readers know that if they buy this case they will need to purchase additional fans if they want good thermals.
Adding fans can almost double the price of this case if you fill all slots with matching RGB fans to get good cooling results.
So now we are looking at a $400 case price with added fans.

Yes, I'm aware. I never said not to do that, just that it would have been helpful to see the thermals of the case with max cooling in addition to the review in its present state. The info provided is very important but, because of the focus taken in the review, the full thermal potential of the case is not shown. I have fans from my previous build and I would imagine many other people do too, so it's not like it is guaranteed that adding extra fans would cost money. I don't really see this as a reason not to also present the results with more fans - other than encouraging the manufacturers to shoot for better thermals out of the box

Last edited: