Question Corsair 500D SE pros/cons

bumblebee953

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
I've been reading and watching lots of reviews about this case.

I really like that it comes with 3 Corsair LL rgb fans and the commander pro. I think I prefer the "dual ring" look of the LL fans over any other rgb fan design that I've seen. And the build quality of Corsair cases is just undeniably good.

However the cable management in the back panel leaves a lot to be desired. Not much room to work with at all. And the commander pro is often pre-mounted (with EXTREMELY strong 3M adhesive tape) on very stupid areas like an HDD or SSD slot and even a horror story where it was mounted on the glass side panel itself. Really don't know what they were thinking to not just package this in a separate components box.

I kinda like having the option of being able to vertically mount my GPU if the designis attractive enough. But the width of this case is just a tad small that a vertically mounted GPU would be extremely close to the glass panel and therefore not a very good idea.

Does anybody have experiences with this case or any opinions to share?

bumblebee953

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
This shows where it is mounted, I don't think they would stick it on the glass not a clue where you got that from.

https://www.anandtech.com/Gallery/Album/6388#7
The horror story window mounted commander pro was from a newegg review. There are several other reviews reporting different pre-mount positions. Some on an HDD slot, some on an SSD slot like the anandtech link. And that link merely shows an example of what a user's completed case would look like. It does not mean that is what the cases are shipped with. The problem is there does not seem to be a standard, and the standard really should simply be an unmounted commander pro and leaving the mounting for the user to decide.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
The horror story window mounted commander pro was from a newegg review. There are several other reviews reporting different pre-mount positions. Some on an HDD slot, some on an SSD slot like the anandtech link. And that link merely shows an example of what a user's completed case would look like. It does not mean that is what the cases are shipped with. The problem is there does not seem to be a standard, and the standard really should simply be an unmounted commander pro and leaving the mounting for the user to decide.
I just went their and that was not on any review?

For where it was located it's easy to heat up and remove with a hairdryer.