Corsair 500R some cabling questions

Digigraman

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015
Good evening everyone!

So i have the mentioned corsair case,have plugged in the mobo,gpu,cpu cooler but im having some issues with PSU and the case cables.
First of all the 2 front fans are wired together leading to a 3 pin male which doesnt fit anywhere on the mobo,the big side fan has a 3 pin female connector which also doesnt fit anywhere on the mobo,must these two be connected between them so all of them can turn equally?In the front it has a little 3 position button which controls the speed of the fans.
Also theres a 4 pined female cable that i found out is called molex?Is that the cable that gives power to the fans and must be connected to the psu?

Meh is there even a user manual for that case or am i too dumb to even ask for one?

Thanks!

Solution
I have the same case, the big fan goes on the fan controller of the case a small female header the two front fans go in the controller of the case as well all powered by a molex if im right i did this build long ago only opening my case will result in total correction keep posting till we come to an conclusion sorry for my bad english
normally the 3 Pin fan cables go on the fan headers. modern mobos usually got 4 pin fan headers, but they're compatible with 3 pins. should be called sys_fan or cha_fan

if it's indeed a molex connection I suggest you get an adapter as connecting via molex won't let you control the fan speed and will make it run @100% all the time
Molex connexts straight to the PSU

The small 3 pin connector from your fans will connect to the 4 pin fan headers on your motherboard. Depending what motherboard you have, it may be labeled SYSFAN or CHAFAN. It is keyed to fit one way.
Some fans may be powered by molex power plugs from your power supply.

Digigraman

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015
Yes i know what you said about the fans but the fans are more than the headers thats why i described the connection that im looking at.
As far as the molex goes the only thing i have is one of the cables that came with the psu that lets me connect that male molex to a female one that leads to the psu.Still not sure what to do..

PeskaGoPro

Reputable
Aug 2, 2016
I have the same case, the big fan goes on the fan controller of the case a small female header the two front fans go in the controller of the case as well all powered by a molex if im right i did this build long ago only opening my case will result in total correction keep posting till we come to an conclusion sorry for my bad english

Solution

Digigraman

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015
Uhm i tried what you said and tried to power it on for the first time and it works..at least the fans..but the red light in the mobo lights up and its pointing to the gpu.The gpu lights up but the fans arent spinning and i get this message on screen.
CPU or Memory changed!!! Please enter setup to configure your system.
Press F1 to run setup.
Press F2 to load default values and continue.

Did i do something wrong??

PeskaGoPro

Reputable
Aug 2, 2016

press f1 run setup and if the fans are running its all cool keep posting

Digigraman

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015
ok done with windows setup downloaded latest drivers for mobo and gpu(suprisingly the gpu on idle before the new drivers was running hotter) installed afterburner and will instal a game or two to stress it a bit and see the results!
On a side note,does the ssd requires drivers??(the os is installed on it)

PeskaGoPro

Reputable
Aug 2, 2016

SSD doesnt require drivers at all just isntall for the mobo and for the gpu the latest from the respective websites, the rest you are all ok and good for gaming

PeskaGoPro

Reputable
Aug 2, 2016

in these terms im not the correct person to say if it is or not , but what matters its the resolution it can deliver and of course your graphics card and the setup overall witch i dont know at all what it is exactly i only know your case witch is an Corsair 500R

Digigraman

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015
meh nvm after running some games it barely goes above 50C..pretty quiet too im amazed with it
i7 6700k
msi gtx 1070
g.skill ripjaws 3200 16gb
msi z170a carbon pro

these are th relevant parts in case you're wondering

PeskaGoPro

Reputable
Aug 2, 2016

well you got a pretty good system right there similar too mine i got an 970 tough built it 1 year ago same case different brands tough i got kingston and asus its tastes you know , back to the question your tv could be some problem mostly if it is old since 30hz isnt that good of a refresh rate but you should be fine since you arent relating any trouble at all, if you are happy with the experience stay with it if not adquire a monitor.

Digigraman

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015

i will get a monitor in 1 month,what kind of trouble could my tv cause?

PeskaGoPro

Reputable
Aug 2, 2016
nothing too serious beside image tearing and some kind of lag cause of the low refresh rate but since im no expert on tvs i cant say nothing more than that adquire the monitor if you have and willing too not because i said so, cause you can stay with the tv i played on a tv many months and only saw image taring but it was 22 inch and 50hz, but since you have an 1070 you can put something more serious right there.

TRENDING THREADS