Question Corsair 570x with H100i Pro RGB top or H115i Pro RGB front

Apr 11, 2019
Hello

I'm almost sure that i'm going for H100i Pro RGB or H115i Pro RGB (i'm not thinking on OC the CPU)

My doubt is, it will be better to use H100i Pro RGB top install or the H115i Pro RGB front install?
Front install will be a factor in terms on tempeture? since the intake air will pass through the radiator prior enter in the case (btw the botton fan of the 3 front fans included in the case will not be "obstructed" by the radiator)
If i go for the H115i Pro RGB (front install) i will add 3 more fans as exhaust, 1 rear and 2 top. Is this a good concept for airflow?
With H100I Pro RGB (top install) i will only add 1 rear fan as exhaust.

CASE: CORSAIR 570X MIRROR
CPU: INTEL® CORE I7-9700K 3.6GHZ/4.9GHZ 12MB LGA 1151
MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS ULTRA SKT 1151/4XDDR4/HDMI/5 USB 3.1/ ATX
GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2080 AMP! EXTREME ED 8MB GDDR6
RAM: HYPERX PREDATOR 8GB 2666MHZ DDR4 (x2)
HDD: SEAGATE BARRACUDA 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM
SSD: SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus 250GB M.2
POWER SUPPLY : RMX SERIES RM750X 80 PLUS GOLD FULLY MODULAR ATX POWER SUPPLY
CPU COOLER: (I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE TO GET)

Ty

I have the same case with the H100i on top however I was thinking of changing to a H150 for the front. A front mount pulling air in would be better for cooling TBH. I just haven't decided to make the jump to the new cooler but I would go for a front mount now over a top mount.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Front mount usually get slightly lower cpu temps. It's offset by 2-3° higher inside case temps. Many benchmark chasers find that unacceptable as it'll raise gpu idle temps.

That heat differential is negligible. Front mount cpu temps vrs top exhaust mount temps is also negligible, the cpu literally doesn't care, only benchmark chasers looking for absolute lowest numbers do.

So either setup will bring evgood either way, it'll fall out as whether you want the looks up top or in front, performance really isn't a factor.

Apr 11, 2019
Im' now thinking in go for H150i Pro RGB since is slightly better than H115i Pro RGB and also fits better to the case .. Grrr ! Its hard to decide.. i'm afraid that the front mount will increase my GPU temps leading to worst performace of the GPU.

Sorry guys, i'm struggling with the choise of the cooler. Its the last component missing on my build..

Ty

Apr 11, 2019
I mean in performance, i dont know if is good cooling or not. I see that u need to activate advance mode to get lower temperatures on the GPU i want.
And in reference to the review you show me, i saw it before, in that table they show Zotac rtx 2080 ti and not the zotac rtx 2080..

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The case temps won't really affect gpus under loads. Only at idle. And with clear path exhausts, that doesn't become an issue as gpu heat now has unrestricted path straight upwards.

I had a kraken x61as only exhaust in a fractal design R5 case. Not exactly the best case for airflow. Used the stock 2 fans as intakes. On a whim, swapped orientation to front mount and the stock fans to exhaust. Cpu at idle went down 2°, gpu went up 2°. Under loads, the temps were the same. The rad is big enough that once it dissipates its heat energy, it's done. I could game hard for a solid hour and liquid temps only rose 5°C, from ambient 32 to 37°C. Cpu temp is under 70, and being liquid cooled, that's all that matters, unlike an aircooler dumping direct heat into the case.

With an AIO, front intakes or top exhaust are basically the same thing and won't affect anything under loads to any real noticeable degree. The common theory on front mounts flooding your case with hot air and making everything overheat is a fallacy. That would only affect case temps to any degree if you had no exhaust fans whatsoever.

Reactions: DiogoCF
Apr 11, 2019
The case temps won't really affect gpus under loads. Only at idle. And with clear path exhausts, that doesn't become an issue as gpu heat now has unrestricted path straight upwards.

I had a kraken x61as only exhaust in a fractal design R5 case. Not exactly the best case for airflow. Used the stock 2 fans as intakes. On a whim, swapped orientation to front mount and the stock fans to exhaust. Cpu at idle went down 2°, gpu went up 2°. Under loads, the temps were the same. The rad is big enough that once it dissipates its heat energy, it's done. I could game hard for a solid hour and liquid temps only rose 5°C, from ambient 32 to 37°C. Cpu temp is under 70, and being liquid cooled, that's all that matters, unlike an aircooler dumping direct heat into the case.

With an AIO, front intakes or top exhaust are basically the same thing and won't affect anything under loads to any real noticeable degree. The common theory on front mounts flooding your case with hot air and making everything overheat is a fallacy. That would only affect case temps to any degree if you had no exhaust fans whatsoever.

That was a really nice answer and makes a lot of sense. I think i’m going for the H150i Pro front mount with push/pull config maintaining the 3 front case pre-installed fans. Ty man.