Question corsair 650

mechnut450

Reputable
Mar 4, 2016
so when i built my new system i reused my higher watt power supply.. I put a used 650 corsair in my old pc but it will fire up the computer until i hook the 8 pin into the gpu (tried it even with the the spliter power plugs fora ide drives) . but as soon as the 8pin plugs in the entire system just wont power up. I was thinking either the psu has a bad pcie 8 pin power or a bad psu( plan on taking my psu out and seeing if it still does it ( moudaler cables) but I was worried i may have to remove my cable too) OR is it safe to just use the ones that came with corsair ( and just use my psu pcie cames to see if it fires up ) if not then I have a short somewhere to find ) I just know it will be liek 2hours to swap and test the psu ( cause my thermaltake 900 case is huge and heavy and i can only rotate it a little ot work in tyhe back right now. the other system will be goingot my motherin law if there no issues and i get it running the guy whpo sold me psu said he has a different one if i need since he didnt fully test it but I hoping it just something i missing like a screw shorting or such . nut since it pwoer up without video card I wondering .

so when i built my new system i reused my higher watt power supply.. I put a used 650 corsair in my old pc but it will fire up the computer until i hook the 8 pin into the gpu (tried it even with the the spliter power plugs fora ide drives) . but as soon as the 8pin plugs in the entire system just wont power up. I was thinking either the psu has a bad pcie 8 pin power or a bad psu( plan on taking my psu out and seeing if it still does it ( moudaler cables) but I was worried i may have to remove my cable too) OR is it safe to just use the ones that came with corsair ( and just use my psu pcie cames to see if it fires up ) if not then I have a short somewhere to find ) I just know it will be liek 2hours to swap and test the psu ( cause my thermaltake 900 case is huge and heavy and i can only rotate it a little ot work in tyhe back right now. the other system will be goingot my motherin law if there no issues and i get it running the guy whpo sold me psu said he has a different one if i need since he didnt fully test it but I hoping it just something i missing like a screw shorting or such . nut since it pwoer up without video card I wondering .

WALL OF TEXT.

so when i built my new system i reused my higher watt power supply.. I put a used 650 corsair in my old pc but it will fire up the computer until i hook the 8 pin into the gpu (tried it even with the the spliter power plugs fora ide drives) . but as soon as the 8pin plugs in the entire system just wont power up.

Which Corsair 650W? CX-M, TX-M, HX, RMx, RMi, HXi, AX, AXi....

Where did you get the cable? 9 out of 10 times, you can't use modular cables from one power supply on another. If the pin out is different, you create a short and the PSU will not turn on.

Reactions: King_V

mechnut450

Reputable
Mar 4, 2016
yeah guys i had to get the rest fo the cablesfrom the guy I bought the supply from there must be a pin setting difference once I put the orginal cables in it fired right up working..

TRENDING THREADS