Question Corsair 7000D Airflow Fan Configuration Help

Feb 5, 2023
Hello, all!

I am looking to switching my case from a Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO to a Corsair 7000D Airflow.

I currently have the following fan configuration:

• 6x 120mm 360mm AIO push-pull configuration
  • 3x 120mm intake on bottom
  • 2x 120mm 240mm AIO for my Suprim Liquid X in Exhaust on the Side
  • 1 120mm rear fan as Exhaust
I have an extra pack of 3x 120mm fans so can fill in missing spaces if needed, but my biggest question is with my GPU. I've read that it's best to have radiators utilized as exhausts as you don't want to be bringing hot air into the case which makes sense. I have looked up several 7000D builds and none have really featured an AIO GPU. I have seen that most utilize the entirety of the front and side as intakes and then the AIO on top as exhaust and rear fan as exhaust.

I am wondering what will be the best fan configuration for myself. Should I keep my GPU AIO as exhaust and place all the fans on the side as exhaust as well and just have the front be the only intakes or should I switch my GPU AIO fans to intake and then utilize the entire front and side as intakes? Or is there a better way to do it?

Thank you all for your help!

Lutfij

Titan
Back in the days when we did watercooling, the radiators being outside meant that the fans were always fed with cooler ambient air as opposed to having the radiators mounted internally, fed with air that's preheated(to a small degree) and then made to recirculate inside the chassis, feeding slightly warmed air into the exhaust side of the radiator.

If you want to have all radiator fans set to intake, then the logical route you'd need to take is have the top area set with fans in exhaust.

Feb 5, 2023
Back in the days when we did watercooling, the radiators being outside meant that the fans were always fed with cooler ambient air as opposed to having the radiators mounted internally, fed with air that's preheated(to a small degree) and then made to recirculate inside the chassis, feeding slightly warmed air into the exhaust side of the radiator.

If you want to have all radiator fans set to intake, then the logical route you'd need to take is have the top area set with fans in exhaust.

Hey, appreciate the response! The CPU AIO on top will for sure be exhaust. My question more is with the GPU AIO and the side fans don’t make much sense as exhausts (at least I don’t think) because the front fans being intakes won’t reach the components as the fans next then will be exhausting.

Do you think using my GPU AIO as intake on the side of the case will be bad or is there enough room in the case for it to not matter too much?
thank you!

Lutfij

Titan
I have looked up several 7000D builds and none have really featured an AIO GPU. I have seen that most utilize the entirety of the front and side as intakes and then the AIO on top as exhaust and rear fan as exhaust.
That would probably be due to people not wanting to encroach on the front with 2x radiators, adjacent/opposite eachother.

Might I ask why you're changing cases?

Feb 5, 2023
I have looked up several 7000D builds and none have really featured an AIO GPU. I have seen that most utilize the entirety of the front and side as intakes and then the AIO on top as exhaust and rear fan as exhaust.
That would probably be due to people not wanting to encroach on the front with 2x radiators, adjacent/opposite eachother.

Might I ask why you're changing cases?

Honestly, my O11 Dynamic EVO was second hand and has scratches and the glass is chipped a little and overall not enough space for the wires in the back. So I guess cosmetically now and wanting to watercool in the future.

And I figured that’s why people do that because if the side was an exhaust, the intake from the front won’t even reach the components.