[SOLVED] Corsair 7000x Chassis USB 2.0 attached with 9 pin (male) connectors.

Alyus

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Attached to the USB 2.0 cable is a 9 pin male connector and I don't know where this goes and the chassis manual says nothing to describe it; also, there is no 9 pin female connector on the motherboard either.
usb-jpg.2548385

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I don't know where this goes

It's a passthrough and doesn't connect to anything, yet.

This is there for the reason of when you need to use internal USB 2.0 header and you're one short. So this passthrough gives you the needed connector, while still being able to use front I/O USB ports.

As of devices that use internal USB 2.0 header; Corsair Commander Pro, NZXT HUE+, almost all AIOs, among others.

For example; in my Skylake and Haswell builds (full specs with pics in my sig), i'm short of internal USB 2.0 headers and due to this, both builds have internal USB 2.0 header hub in use. This one:

NZXT-Internal-USB-Hub-No-Proce.png

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Okay since the Corsair 7000x requires two 3.0 USB ports on the motherboard; this 9 pin male connector allows me to use this with this?

Yes.

However, do note that the USB 3.0 ports that are connected to internal USB 2.0 header, using this adapter, will run at USB 2.0 speeds. So, 53 MB/s max. While USB 3.0 can do 500 MB/s max. So, diff is about tenfold.

Alyus

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Yes.

However, do note that the USB 3.0 ports that are connected to internal USB 2.0 header, using this adapter, will run at USB 2.0 speeds. So, 53 MB/s max. While USB 3.0 can do 500 MB/s max. So, diff is about tenfold.

Yeah, I'm sure the USB 2.0 header won't magically run at 3.0 because of an adapter lol and thanks; it's amazing that I got a total of 400 views with another website but no one knows. But with a little brains that should have been obvious lol because that 9 pin male connector was just a splitter, but I'm not a computer geek so there you go!

Alyus

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Looks nice. :)

Though, 24-pin would look nicer with this,
cablemod: https://cablemod.com/product-category/accessories/cable-combs/

The 3 builds of mine, specs and pics, are accessible from my sig. ;)

I was wondering where those translucent combs came from that I saw on some random YouTube videos are pictures. I was to tired of putting this together but I'll start to do the cable management and get some of those translucent combs. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Aeacus