Corsair 8500C5D compatible with Asus P5N32-E SLI

mhw100

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
The Corsair configuator says it is compatible but the QVL on the Asus doesn't show it. I've been burned before by using a Corsair configuator and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this memory in this mobo.

Thank you.

prong

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
The Corsair configuator says it is compatible but the QVL on the Asus doesn't show it. I've been burned before by using a Corsair configuator and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this memory in this mobo.

Thank you.

The Corsair configurator has worked great for me. If Corsair says the RAM will work in your board, you can be sure Corsair has tested it and confirmed the DIMMS work correctly. I'm not sure ASUS has done testing with any PC8500 DIMMS.

XMSYellowbeard

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006

Mondoman

Splendid
... but the QVL on the Asus doesn't show it. ....
Remember that QVLs only list a limited number of modules that have been tested by the MB manufacturer to work. If a module (especially a premium module) isn't on the list, that normally just means it hasn't been tested by the MB manufacturer. There are so many different RAM manufacturers and DIMMs out there that QVLs can only cover a tiny fraction of the possibilities.

As for the Corsair configurator, while of course not every module/motherboard combination listed there has been physically tested, I'm positive Corsair would allow you to return/exchange a module if it turned out to be incompatible even though the configurator said it was compatible.

prong

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
Crucial guarantees if you buy RAM whle using their online configurator they will give you special buyer privileges. I forgot what tyhat special privilege is. I'll look it up whan I have time.

mhw100

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
That Corsair comment in the test doesn't seem to good i.e. the mobo isn't stable over 1066. I was under the impression that the FSB can be pushed much higher. Is this a problem with the memory

XMSYellowbeard

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
That Corsair comment in the test doesn't seem to good i.e. the mobo isn't stable over 1066. I was under the impression that the FSB can be pushed much higher. Is this a problem with the memory
I did not do the testing but, it would appear that we did not push the Vcore much at all and that was at only 2.1v Vdimm. Remember, that test is not to find absolute max OC, it's to show that we have run the memory at spec on that MOBO. The memory runs fine on that board. Regardless of the ASUS QVL, we have actually tested it in-house.

TRENDING THREADS