Corsair adds a Windowed Version to its 300R Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Paying extra to make a good looking case look ugly...
I don't get why people want cases with side windows. You don't have the Mona Lisa in there. Just computer hardware.

bartholomew

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]Paying extra to make a good looking case look ugly...I don't get why people want cases with side windows. You don't have the Mona Lisa in there. Just computer hardware.[/citation]
You could say that to the PC hardware manufacturers.
The case interior is painted black, the motherboards are stylish, Memory kits, CPU coolers which look cool/good are made for a reason.
For many, it matters how good your PC hardware looks, ergo, manufacturers give a good amount of attention to looks.
Mona Lisa Vs PC hardware; PC hardware FTW! :D

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]Paying extra to make a good looking case look ugly...I don't get why people want cases with side windows. You don't have the Mona Lisa in there. Just computer hardware.[/citation]

There's a reason that enthusiast hardware is coloured, styled and designed the way it is.
Because if your going to run extremely expensive (in comparison to standard OEM machines) hardware you might as well show it off.

A bit of an E-Peen in other words.

halcyon

Splendid
Nothing wrong with having a perspective. ...just as long as you realize and respect that its your perspective and not everyone else's.

[citation][nom]frostyfireball[/nom]Would it be possible to just order the side panel? I've got the 300r with the standard side panel but would like the window.[/citation]Try contacting Corsair and ask them if they can sell you just the windowed side panel.

[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Only practical use for a window on a PC case I can see is to check for dust bunnies.[/citation]It's also convenient for reading the POST code from the diagnostic LEDs, if your motherboard has them, without having to open up the case.

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
It's nice to be able to hide 90% of you cables, improve you cases air flow and show off your hardware. I have the Corsair 800d and I'm looking forward to Corsair stepping up the game by offering a new full tower in the future that is the ultimate for water cooling. I am talking the ability to house 480, 360 and 240 Radiators and still remain stylish. A Corsair 900d perhaps?

goodguy713

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009

some people like to show off there hardware..

[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Will there ever be a case specifically designed for heavy modding?[/citation]
There are plenty of them available; The NZXT Phantom and switch 810, most of the cases from coolermaster, many of the cases from Corsair. Lian Li has custom parts for most of their cases available for purchase including full window side panels. Silverstone also has some nice cases for modders.

Every day more companies are making things easier for modders. Now they are offering fully modular power supplies so you can keep the cables for the warranty and mod your own. There are at least a half dozen suppliers of single sleeve cabling, Corsair is offering a full set for their power supplies now.

Then of course there are companies like mountain mods where ALL their cases are made to be modded. The Antec air was supposed to be fully modular but it is so ugly and with horrible air flow so nobody is buying those things.

I like the offering here of the full window which most companies don't do but unfortunately their placement of the fan mounts leaves a lot to be desired. They should have one fan mount above the video card area, the second one is superfluous. Plus in the middle of the window defeats the purpose of showing off the hardware. So kudos for the full window, major fail for the fan placement.

[citation][nom]frostyfireball[/nom]Would it be possible to just order the side panel? I've got the 300r with the standard side panel but would like the window.[/citation]

I didn't see it available here, but I'd bet it becomes available very soon.
http://www.corsair.com/us/pc-cases/corsair-computer-case-accessories.html

In the meantime I suggest you write Corsair and request one. I have been working closely with case manufacturers for awhile and they are very much interested in helping enthusiasts and modders. I asked NZXT if I could order a front panel for a case after I scratched it during modding, the sent me a replacement free.

cobra5000

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
[citation][nom]tinmann[/nom]It's nice to be able to hide 90% of you cables, improve you cases air flow and show off your hardware. I have the Corsair 800d and I'm looking forward to Corsair stepping up the game by offering a new full tower in the future that is the ultimate for water cooling. I am talking the ability to house 480, 360 and 240 Radiators and still remain stylish. A Corsair 900d perhaps?[/citation]
The NZXT Switch 810, can do it.

Coltcts

Honorable
May 15, 2012
[citation][nom]ko888[/nom]Try contacting Corsair and ask them if they can sell you just the windowed side panel.[/citation]

usually when corsair comes out with something like this its available under case accessories on there website.

lp231

Splendid
Side fans are great to aid in cooling, but I would only install those for a regular side panel. For those that want a window side panel, what is the point for installing them fans? You want a windows to show off your stuffs isn't it? They why install some side fan to block the view. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of that window?

f-14

Distinguished
oh i don't know, i'm sure it's too keep an eye on the fans of your $300-400 cpu and gpu and be able to see when it needs cleaning out.
i like the way it looks, i also like the corsair and crucial ram with the led activity lights which lets me see at a glance how hard things are being pushed and when ram goes bad, which has happened twice on my current system with 2 of the 4 sticks.
after you've had to replace your first $100+ cpu/gpu due to a bad fan that $10 window becomes worthwhile.

f-14

Distinguished
[citation][nom]chumly[/nom]I've never understood why THEY don't add the extra fans.[/citation]
because you might not need them, you might want quiet ones or powerful ones or a varied blend of both features, or lighted fans.
they are not mind readers so they leave it up to you rather than charge you another $50-$60 for all the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.