Corsair Adds Headset, PC Case to Vengeance Gaming Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalmechanic

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
Like the Army green one! If its like the rest of the the cases they offer im sure its top notch.

As for the headset. If its anything like the 1300 I got, its not even worth 20 dollars. It was like having two tweeters strapped to your head. I guess a company can have everything they make perfect. I'll still support corsair just not their headsets!

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Cases look nice.

Serious question, what is the market for this headset? Gaming nerds who think they need $150 headphones to play Call of Duty?

Just saying.

G

The boxy styling of the cases make it perfect for the army green color. Would be perfect for an ASUS Sabertooth motherboard!

aviral

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
Its really great news to great both of these product at a very affordable price without lacking in performance and quality.

thiirm

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
[citation][nom]beardguy[/nom]Cases look nice. Serious question, what is the market for this headset? Gaming nerds who think they need $150 headphones to play Call of Duty?Just saying.[/citation]

I can't speak to the quality of this particular headset as I haven't used it. But there is a market for people who value sound quality and also use programs like skype that require a headset. Most sub $100 headsets seem to absolutely suck in terms of sound quality and comfort, not to mention that most are wired. This is an interesting offering from corsair because I don't think there are a lot of alternatives in this price range.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
I can't bring myself to buy any wireless sound systems. I can't take the chance that they will bring lag to my FPS games. Sound is just as important as sight in those games when you're dodging bullets.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
[citation][nom]thiirm[/nom]I can't speak to the quality of this particular headset as I haven't used it. But there is a market for people who value sound quality and also use programs like skype that require a headset. Most sub $100 headsets seem to absolutely suck in terms of sound quality and comfort, not to mention that most are wired. This is an interesting offering from corsair because I don't think there are a lot of alternatives in this price range.[/citation]

Interesting that people would spend $150 to use them for Skype. IMO the price just seems really inflated, like they are taking advantage of people in a very niche market. I just bought a pro pair of DJ headphones for $100, that I would bet money sound far superior to these. Granted, they don't have a microphone. To each his own.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]beardguy[/nom]Interesting that people would spend $150 to use them for Skype. IMO the price just seems really inflated, like they are taking advantage of people in a very niche market. I just bought a pro pair of DJ headphones for $100, that I would bet money sound far superior to these. Granted, they don't have a microphone. To each his own.[/citation]

IDK Sound is REALLY important to us audiophile types. If I needed a good set of headphones with a mic I'd be looking for something with at least as much sonic quality as a pair of Sennheiser HD595 (and those aren't even all that but they're not too shabby).

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]IDK Sound is REALLY important to us audiophile types. If I needed a good set of headphones with a mic I'd be looking for something with at least as much sonic quality as a pair of Sennheiser HD595 (and those aren't even all that but they're not too shabby.[/citation]

Yeah for sure. The headphones I just bought (Denon) aren't even the high end, but still really good. Corsair just isn't a brand I would associate with high end sound.

halcyon

Splendid

I guess I'm doubting that these are really made by Corsair. Knowing Corsair and how they are about quality these may be made for Corsair by Sennheiser, Dennon, Pioneer, etc. Google is my friend...perhaps I'll check.

e56imfg

Distinguished
I hope it has full push/pull 60mm rad support. It would be the first non-800D to have that feature.

It'll look great with a Sabertooth or the Z77 G1 Assassin board!

wolley74

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
i don't know about you guys, but I'm thinking Master Chief PC case with orange liquid cooling, maybe his helmet in black on the side?

prunestida

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I currently use the Corsair Vengeance 1700 headset and I love it! However, the cord is extremely long and can become cumbersome. The 2000 seems like a great upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.