[SOLVED] corsair aio coolers warranty and risk

Thangnawk

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2014
hi guys.....i know this may sound crazy,i bought a cheap used cooler master seidon 120 aio which had a temps of a crazy 90-100 degrees on an i7 4790k stock(4.4 ghz) after gaming.....i drain out all the stock aio coolant and put a high quality car radiator coolant,after that,i got an absolute madness of temps. like 40-55 degree on stock and 70-80 degrees even on a 4.7 ghz oc even after gaming for hours....so,i thought of trying that out to my friend's Corsair H100i pro which he bought last year and had the temps always in the 77-90 degrees with his 8700k 4.5 ghz after medium to intense work load like editing,rendering and gaming etc.,in any case,will this void the corsair aio warranty and will it have affect on the water pump in the long run??

Solution
120 mm is not great aio, if it is set up correctly, right pressure to cpu, right direction of fan, it should be under 60 Celsius for that cpu if case have good enough airflow in the case. If it is stock setting, definitely check if it is not overvalued voltage for example by default my asusrock had 1.9v instead of more reasonable 1.45-1.5v ... If You change fluid to automotive You basically ruin your cooler, that fluid lack anti bacterial additives so most likely some algines start growing in your cpu water block killing water flow and pump in process (see gamer nexus horror pictures of failed aio with the same problem too little additives ), use only distilled water or special fluid (distilled water+ special anti bacterial additives )

w_o_t_q

Commendable
Jul 24, 2019
120 mm is not great aio, if it is set up correctly, right pressure to cpu, right direction of fan, it should be under 60 Celsius for that cpu if case have good enough airflow in the case. If it is stock setting, definitely check if it is not overvalued voltage for example by default my asusrock had 1.9v instead of more reasonable 1.45-1.5v ... If You change fluid to automotive You basically ruin your cooler, that fluid lack anti bacterial additives so most likely some algines start growing in your cpu water block killing water flow and pump in process (see gamer nexus horror pictures of failed aio with the same problem too little additives ), use only distilled water or special fluid (distilled water+ special anti bacterial additives )

Solution

Thangnawk

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2014
When you drained the coolant and filled with car radiator fluid, did you by any chance remove the whole thing and reinstall after the coolant swap?
YES,,,actually it was not an easy thing to do,there were these unknown triangle nuts that fasten all the copper pate to the pump housing,so i have to make a special tool to unscrew it,after that its all clean and reassemble the parts and filling the car coolant was also very time consuming as i have to use the little drain hole in the side to completely fill the coolant so that there is no air bubbles inside....i don't know why it has that much amount of massive improvements,it almost perform like a 240 rads

USAFRet

Titan
And that is almost certainly why the large temp drop.

Your initial "90-100" was not due to the type of coolant, but rather an improperly secured waterblock on the CPU.
When you put it back together, you did it correctly.

You could have taken it off, waved a magic wand at the thing, then reassembled...and had the same result.

Reactions: bmockeg

TRENDING THREADS