Corsair Announces Three Lines of USB 3.0 Flash Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
While I generally like Corsair products I wouldn't buy a flash drive from them again. I used to have a voyager which lasted less than a month. After getting it replaced by Corsair the replacement also died in a month.

G

and how fast will the minis be? this in 32, or 64gb would be quite nice, but only if the transfer rates are ok.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
From experience, I purchased and still own 64GB Patriot with the exact same design as the first above images. While the drive has never failed and continues to work the design is fatally flawed. The top opening that allows for a lanyard is thin and will break no longer allowing for it to be tethered. The second flaw is the cap, it pops off but has no retainer and you will eventually lose it. The third and final flaw is the circuit board is slotted into a plastic housing that slots to the metal body. That comes apart and eventually one day when you go to pull your thumbdrive out of the USB plug the only thing to come out is the aluminum body, leaving the circuit board and USB still plugged into the port. All these things I have had to fix with electrical tape, super glue and a chain drilled through part of the device not holding the circuit board. Just a very bad design over all and they haven't bothered to change it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.