Question Corsair AX1200 cooling fun ran away

Sep 22, 2024
Hello all,
Cooling fun on my Corsair AX1200 power supply got his mind of its own, changing speeds constantly without any reason, running most of the time on full speed, creating a lot of noise, even when the load on power supply is close to nothing. Having schematic of power supply, I would diagnose problem by myself but manufacture refuse shearing it with me. Maybe someone has an internal schematic of this unit?
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
but manufacture refuse shearing it with me.
Well, yeah, since PSU design is their property and Flextronics will not give out schematics for it's PSU.

Moreover, there are NO serviceable parts in the PSU. NEVER open the PSU! Caps in PSU carry a lethal charge and you poking around in there is easy way for you to remove yourself from the gene pool, while getting a Darwin Award in the process.

Cooling fun on my Corsair AX1200 power supply got his mind of its own, changing speeds constantly without any reason, running most of the time on full speed, creating a lot of noise, even when the load on power supply is close to nothing.
If you can not bare the noise of the PSU's fan, either RMA the PSU (it has 10 years warranty), or buy a new PSU.