Corsair Carbide 275R Custom Water Cooling Possible??

Jul 20, 2018
I have not been able to find a custom loop in a Corsair Carbide 275R on the internet and was wondering where the best place would be to mount the reservoir, if it is even possible at all. GPU and CPU will both be water cooled and could potentially expand to have 2 GPU's water cooled in the case at some stage.

Cheers

Solution
https://www.alphacool.com/shop/cpu-cooler/intel-amd/20228/alphacool-eisbaer-solo-2600rpm-black a cpu water-block pump+res in one
carefully select thick rad such as ekwb xe series, though you can try find slim 15mm thick fan to pair with for top side. That said, rad, water-block, elbows, joints create water pressure drop, so read online reviewers first before selecting individual parts.

https://www.xtremerigs.net

If you finally get the pressure drop and flow rate suffice on parts, now do rough TDP estimation, related to rad's reviewed heat dissipating ability with certain fan (and its RPM speed), so let say you have 200W from CPU + 300W from GPU then opt for
- 280mm thick rad front side
- 240 slim rad top side
- 120 thick rad rear...

Lutfij

Titan
You can mount the res at the front vertically or at the top horizontally or at the rear vertically. The size of your res will vary ofc and since you're dealing with custom watercooling, why not try your hand and get creative. You could do something like this:
maxresdefault.jpg

Possibilities are endless! ;)

Jul 20, 2018

ooooo damn that pc looks dope, if you can link me anymore ideas like this in white cases it would really help get the ideas flowing. This will be my first pc build too so I'm looking to make a banger of a masterpiece

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'd not worry about sli/cf. With DX12 titles there is no sli/cf support and even DX11 titles are showing little to none as single gpus such as a gtx1060/Rx580 are more than enough for 1080p gaming and monsters such as a gtx1080ti can handle 4k, the next round of shortly to be released gtx will be even stronger.

It's most of the idea behind many mATX/mITX boards only having a single pcie x16 slot. This makes mATX/mITX full custom loop pc's a reality as before FCL pc's were generally designed around 2/3/4 way sli/cf in monster towers.

Jul 20, 2018

Yea well I have brought a broken system cheap to part out for the xspc water cooling kit and then upgrade parts from there, the system also comes with a functional water cooled R9 290X that can be added to the loop and I thought I could pick up a second hand water cooled R9 290X ($200-$300 NZD) to run in crossfire. But now that you mention not to buy an extra GPU since new gear is around the corner is probs the smarter thing to do and even upgrade to new new generation of GPU's

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Woof. R9 290x by itself is recommended 650w psu. R9 290x CF is recommended 1000w although a solid quality 850w is usually sufficient minimum. Add loop needs on top and thats getting into highly expensive psu ranges. Overall a gtx1080 by itself is equitable to the CF, when the games have sufficient CF support. Anything less and you can kiss that fps goodbye, and more than a few games are so miserably optimized for CF you'll actually have stuttering issues and severe fps drops, ending up with worse playability than a single 290x is capable of. A single 1080ti will top anything that CF is capable of, without the issues, capable of 4k gaming with its full 11Gb of vram, vrs the 4Gb/8Gb possible. If those are the 4Gb version of the 290x, the vram will be closer in ability to a 3Gb nvidia card, which is dismal for higher resolution capability.

dederedmi5plus

Prominent
Aug 17, 2018
https://www.alphacool.com/shop/cpu-cooler/intel-amd/20228/alphacool-eisbaer-solo-2600rpm-black a cpu water-block pump+res in one
carefully select thick rad such as ekwb xe series, though you can try find slim 15mm thick fan to pair with for top side. That said, rad, water-block, elbows, joints create water pressure drop, so read online reviewers first before selecting individual parts.

https://www.xtremerigs.net

If you finally get the pressure drop and flow rate suffice on parts, now do rough TDP estimation, related to rad's reviewed heat dissipating ability with certain fan (and its RPM speed), so let say you have 200W from CPU + 300W from GPU then opt for
- 280mm thick rad front side
- 240 slim rad top side
- 120 thick rad rear exhaust

Loops

Alphacool Eisblock > GPU > 280 rad > 240 rad > 120 rad

Solution

there is a space for up to 280/360 rad in a front (i'd recommend the former) and 240 on the top.
the problem is that the front of the case has very small opening for the air intake/exhaust. so without removing front cover, you practically have only the top rad to do the cooling.
while technically it can be enough to cool CPU + single GPU, it will not be quiet or efficient.
the restricted airflow is the problem of 275R.