Corsair Carbide Clear 600C ATX Fat-Tower Case Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

siman0

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
I wish they would follow NZXT and Fractal's lead by removing the 5.25" drive bays. I want more room for water cooling. I no longer have use for a DVD/BR Drive.

In all honesty they are the best place to mount a water res ot pump. I like the asthetics of some other res but its practical. Also removable hard drives are also a nice item to have.

footman

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004
I just built a new pc in to this case, 4790K at 4.6Ghz along with an overclocked 980Ti. To be honest while I like the finished product and the airflow is much better than the first generation NZXT H440, I have to say that the NZXT case was easier to work with from a radiator perspective. This is probably a better case for air cooling than for water and I am sure that there are better cases for air cooling at this price point. The case is a lot smaller than my last (Core V71) and quieter and comes with the typical great Corsair build quality.
Corsair%20Carbide600C.JPG

gilbadon

Distinguished

Nice build. That bottom tube looks hard lined you did such a good job.

Did you not use a reservoir? Just a t-line to fill?

footman

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004

Cheers, appreciate the compliment.
I Use a Swiftech rad that has an integrated reservoir and the ability for me to attach an MCP35X pump to. Saves a bunch of room and makes for a much neater build. I believe that EK have something similar these days too.
http://www.swiftech.com/MCR-X20-Drive-Rev3.aspx
The fan positions are slightly adjustable so I was able to raise the front rad and lower the back rad and stretch my tubing until it was perfectly horizontal. I thought it looks cool straight and level, go me thinking about rigid tubing now!! Perhaps my next build.

gilbadon

Distinguished

Wow that is really cool. I never knew that type of thing existed.

CorsairGeorge

Reputable
Feb 14, 2016
I wish they would follow NZXT and Fractal's lead by removing the 5.25" drive bays. I want more room for water cooling. I no longer have use for a DVD/BR Drive.

The 400C and 400Q are the smaller ones with no 5.25" bays. The 600C/Q are the full tower version.

BERN_1

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
I bought this case for my Asus 970 Pro Gaming/Aura, great investment, so damn easy to set up, cable management was a breeze. The Corsair 600C and the Phanteks Enthoo XL DS are, so far, the best cases on the market.

I wouldn't say the Phanteks Enthoo XL DS is a bad case but its not the best, its use point is to small and niche to be considered among the best. It is however, among the best at what it was designed to do, hold two independent systems.

Just an observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS