Corsair Case question...EDIT nevrmind

Vitric9

Distinguished
I finally got a new case. Well the Corsair 400R came out in Q1 2012...Anyway. The inside has Motherboard risers positioned for a Micro -ATX MB. I do not have a tool that can unscrew them. One riser for sure should not be there for an ATX board and it would tauch the back of the motherboard. I think one name is a nut driver for taking them out. I tried pliers but there are to tight so I would just strip it. Any ideas???
I was hoping to put my other PSU/MB/CPU/GPU/RAM in there and do a fresh install of my OS......

Solution
The one in the middle just sticks out. There is no hole in the middle to insert a screw. It just secures the motherboard in the middle and only 8 screws are used instead of 9. The middle one is the same for ATX and micro ATX. You will need a socket wrench bit with a screwdriver attachment to remove it if you don't have one of the 12 or 15 piece computer tool kit. I replaced it once I saw that it is in the correct position however it freaked me out that sticks out past the motherboard however there is a hole on the motherboard for it.

cball1311

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Did you try using the pliers straight up and down? Use the pliers so that you contact two of the flat sides on the standoff and squeeze as hard as you can while turning counter-clockwise like a screwdriver. It should come out. I have never seen a standoff that was so tight it won't come out.

Pondering

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
Is it the one in the middle? It fits in the middle. I just bought 3 Cougar Solutions Black Steel and it freaked me out too, but its positioning is perfect. I removed it at first to make sure, but it is perfectly in the middle of a micro atx motherboard.

cball1311

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012

Yeah, but he is trying to put an ATX board in there.

A lot of standoffs have a little slot in the top of them that you can use a flat blade screw driver in, that should let you get the torque you need to get them out. Otherwise a socket set should have something that should fit them and help you get them out, they are likely ~4mm.

Pondering

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
The one in the middle just sticks out. There is no hole in the middle to insert a screw. It just secures the motherboard in the middle and only 8 screws are used instead of 9. The middle one is the same for ATX and micro ATX. You will need a socket wrench bit with a screwdriver attachment to remove it if you don't have one of the 12 or 15 piece computer tool kit. I replaced it once I saw that it is in the correct position however it freaked me out that sticks out past the motherboard however there is a hole on the motherboard for it.

Solution

Vitric9

Distinguished

I see that..I remember having to fit a Low profile bracket on a graphics card instead of the standard bracket and A friend Had a Multi-tool/pocket knife that had the small socket sizes on it. I have a multi/tool as well but the socket are to big.

Vitric9

Distinguished

I saw a video or review from LinusTechTips and He said Make sure that if you are using ATX to remove the 9th standoff....I had slept in a while over 24 hours and I don't know why I thought i had to take out the riser....

TRENDING THREADS