[SOLVED] Corsair Commander Pro w/o Motherboard USB

ruu1989

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
Hey Folks -

I have a slightly unusual use-case I'm trying to set up here. My wife and I currently have separate machines in their own towers, but for a while I've been toying with the idea of setting up a Phanteks 719 as a dual-system his & hers case.

The main thing that concerns me is that I'd really need for the case fans to be spinning up regardless of which system was powered on, if only one, or if both. I believe that the Revolt PSU included with the 719 will send power to the SATA if either computer is booted.

Which brings me to my question -

Will the Commander Pro fire up the fans + RGB (even at defaults, I understand it won't be configurable with iCUE at least), with ONLY a SATA lead plugged in. If not, can anyone else suggest a better solution for this? I just need to ensure that both systems get good case airflow, even if only one system is turned on.

Solution
i dont know but i can test that for you easy enough i have a commander pro give me a few and ill get back to you, ill restart with usb header disconnected i have to types of corsair fans LL and HD i tell you what happens

the answer is yes it does dont know about the duel system and the psu but the fans and rgb lights work when the header is not connected and the commander pro doesn't show up in ICUE

curley81

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
i dont know but i can test that for you easy enough i have a commander pro give me a few and ill get back to you, ill restart with usb header disconnected i have to types of corsair fans LL and HD i tell you what happens

the answer is yes it does dont know about the duel system and the psu but the fans and rgb lights work when the header is not connected and the commander pro doesn't show up in ICUE

Last edited:
Solution

ruu1989

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011

Thank you so much for doing that. How would you describe the noise/airflow of the fans in this state? Are they relatively relaxed or do they default quite high?

curley81

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
yeah thats not easy to answer they default full speed. but the LL have only 1300rpm and are quite quiet at that the HD have about 1850rpm i think and they are not. but even when the header wasn't connected the fans settle to my speeds anyway dont know why that happens but it does it also does this when i start my pc before icue has started up they run at full speed for a few seconds then adjust, i would think that they would run at the speeds you have set on the connected pc even when i cue is not work on the none connected PC but that is a guess. it might be a on board setting on the commander pro that keeps the fan rpm setting but the rbg is default only

TRENDING THREADS