Corsair Commander Pro with 9 fans possible? No clue how to connect any of these.

Dec 28, 2018
I am buying components incrementally at the moment and this will be my first time building a PC myself. I'm very excited but at the same time a bit nervous because I have no clue what I am doing and how to set up 9 RGB fans together and in sync.
I have watched several youtube videos and I am still stumped.

I'm more of a picture learner rather than a reading texts learner.

I would greatly appreciate it if a guru who has experience with the commander pro can help me with drawing colored lines corresponding to each header and what pins to connect to my motherboard. Apologies if this is asking too much.

Here is the picture. Please modify it if you know how. I have a sneaking suspicion that I may need to have another RGB fan led hub.
https://i.imgur.com/98ykCiJ.jpg

Components:
- Corsair Hydro h150i 120mm fans (3 fans + 1 rad)
- Corsair 1000W
- LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan — 3 Fan Pack

motherboard: Asus Strix Z390 E-Gaming
https://i.imgur.com/mzCgB9a.jpg

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Solution
No you need no second fan hub for the rgb,the six fans get that via the Commander Pro,just connect the six fans to the "rgb fan led hub" which then is connected to the Commander Pro (port 1->led). The six fans can get their power from the Commander Pro as well via the sata connector that comes from it,connect their power connectors directly to the Commander Pro (fan headers).

For power will the three fans from the cooler be connected to the pump and get power via the sata connector that comes from it, they don't have rgb,only the pump block has rgb which can be controlled via the cable that runs from it to the motherboard.

You will need two free usb 2.0 connectors on the motherboard to control the cooler as wel as the Commander Pro...

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
No you need no second fan hub for the rgb,the six fans get that via the Commander Pro,just connect the six fans to the "rgb fan led hub" which then is connected to the Commander Pro (port 1->led). The six fans can get their power from the Commander Pro as well via the sata connector that comes from it,connect their power connectors directly to the Commander Pro (fan headers).

For power will the three fans from the cooler be connected to the pump and get power via the sata connector that comes from it, they don't have rgb,only the pump block has rgb which can be controlled via the cable that runs from it to the motherboard.

You will need two free usb 2.0 connectors on the motherboard to control the cooler as wel as the Commander Pro. Both the Commander Pro and the cooler will have a usb cable that needs to be connected to a motherboard usb 2.0 header (nr 13 in that picture).

If the case you have needs to use a usb 2.0 header as well do you need to buy a usb 2.0 hub so all can be connected to the motherboard. You don't have three of those.

Solution