[SOLVED] Corsair cooler recommendation

TobinUK

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2014
I was hoping to get some help on which cooler to put in my system after some upgrades recently (cpu and mobo). My current h60 is fine right now and seems to be mid 70's - up to around 79c under load in games and cinebench, well i hope thats acceptable. So the plan is for my older parts is that ive been keeping them and putting in another case to build my wife a little computer. She has my old mobo with 7600k in it which was cooled by my h60 but i have kept that cooler for current setup. So my plan is to upgrade mine (cooler) and give the h60 to my wifes build rather than order her another h60 as i know its basically going to end up like my old system in time and all was well.

Im an RGB lover with RGB fans, LED strips and mobo logo but my cooler is solid white. So i wanted to get RGB cooler and keep with corsair for the iCue software, im thinking a 240mm rad would be fine for my system and wondered what people would recommend of the corsair line up. Currently my 120mm rad at the back is making part of the mobo rgb logo be covered so with a double rad up top would be good to reveal the logo more. I do plan using a commader pro soon and understand that i can plug into the for RGB header or something along those lines, hope this makes sense? Im using a corsair 4000d airflow case :)

Solution
By system, what are the specs to your build? Please find it in your heart to list your specs to the build in the body of the thread so as to aid the community. Reasoning is that sig space specs can and will change over time, making this thread and it's relevant suggestions moot to the person in the same boat as you.

240mm AIO's would've been a good idea but with hotter processors, having more radiator real-estate means that you're covered for future upgrades or better thermals if you use lower TDP parts. 360mm is what I'd recommend in 2021, hands down.

Lutfij

Titan
By system, what are the specs to your build? Please find it in your heart to list your specs to the build in the body of the thread so as to aid the community. Reasoning is that sig space specs can and will change over time, making this thread and it's relevant suggestions moot to the person in the same boat as you.

240mm AIO's would've been a good idea but with hotter processors, having more radiator real-estate means that you're covered for future upgrades or better thermals if you use lower TDP parts. 360mm is what I'd recommend in 2021, hands down.

Solution

TobinUK

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2014

Ok i will remember for next time and makes sense now, to think i thought it would save time but you make a very valid point and sorry about that.

SO im guessing any of the RGB line up is fine to use whether its 240 or 360? Just going to see what we can do as wife was just thinking of getting h60 as it did the job first time round, i was thinking of twisting her arm in increasing budget to get a 240mm and she gets the h60 and it was a win win all round :) Just thinking if i went to propose a 360mm and the cost she will just say stick with h60 and then im stuck with h60 also and have to put up with the solid white amongst my RBG :D