Corsair Crystal 570X

MarshallCares

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017
I have the corsair crystal 570X case for a new up coming build. I would like to know if setting all fans as intake would be better for airflow/dust, Since there is gaps between the glass of the case. Any insight would be welcome.

New Build
Intel - Core i7-7820X 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor
NZXT - Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler
ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME motherboard
G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card
EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular
Asus - PG279Q ROG Swift 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor
Corsair - Crystal 570X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case
Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

Solution
Front/bottom as intake, back/top as exhaust is the rule you should stick to. Stuffing as much air into the case as possible from all direction is not what you're going for. The idea is to create a uniform air flow across all the significant electronic components, taking away the heat they generate, and moving it out of the case. For that you need both intake and exhaust, and the more uniform flow (in one direction) and less turbulence (different flow directions), the better this process of heat removal.

Sedivy

Estimable
Front/bottom as intake, back/top as exhaust is the rule you should stick to. Stuffing as much air into the case as possible from all direction is not what you're going for. The idea is to create a uniform air flow across all the significant electronic components, taking away the heat they generate, and moving it out of the case. For that you need both intake and exhaust, and the more uniform flow (in one direction) and less turbulence (different flow directions), the better this process of heat removal.

Solution