[SOLVED] Corsair cs550m - need help trying to plug in power cable for 1060 gtx

sajtoslecso

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2014
Hello guys, just bought an asus strix 1060 gtx 6 gb and having problems installing it. While its obvious what end goes into the cards pcie slot, its confusing how i plug it into the psu. My pcie cable has only one 8pin end that could go into the psu, but it is stuck midway and cant push it all the way in. My graphixs card manual shows that the only cable end i have SHOULD NOT go into the psu, so im confused and dont want to end up with a burnt pc. Please help, am i doing it right?
View: https://imgur.com/HYu2djT

If it doesnt fit, dont force it to.

Make sure you aren't forcing a CPU power connector into the GPU. They are not the same and you will indeed cause issues if you force it.

Your PSU has 2xPCIe connectors. Connect the one that looks like the PCIE 8 pin below.

Picture
Press down on the top and put it in making sure the latch on top clicks.

sajtoslecso

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2014
I have only one cable - 2x pcie 6+2 and thw othwr wnd is a 8 pin atx. I know i need to plug in a 6+2 into the pcie slot of the card - done. BUT! The 8 pin atx end that is supposed to go into the psu slot (/or so i thought) gets stuck midway, and the latch too gets stuck. There are no other cables (type3) so this should be the one cable that goes into the psu and the shape of the little pins fit! But like i said it doesnt go all the way in.

Yeah so.im trying to connect that EPS 8 pin end inro the psu but idk why it doesnt go all the way in, my fingers hurt like hell

Spectre4444

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
Push on it a good bit.

Push on the back of the latch to make it go in.
are you using a modular or semi modular power supply ? if so there is a pretty good chance you have your cables mixed up (I do not recomment pushing harder - something is definatly wrong). and as for your confusion on what the graphics in the instructions are trying to tell you, it is just generically showing you that you have to connect your video card to either a 4,6 or 8 pin power lead.