[SOLVED] Corsair cv450 or Silverstone st50f es230

Apr 29, 2022
I don't know which power supply to choose, i read some reviews saying that the Silverstone st50f is good, it's a little bit cheaper than the cv450, but Corsair seems like a reliable brand, I'm having trouble choosing since i want to save some money.

I'm planning to buy an i5-3570, gtx 750 ti, asrock h61m-vs, 2x4gb ddr3 1600 ram, 500gb 7000+ hdd and 120gb of ssd for my build.

Solution
Corsair is a reliable brand, just that some of their units aren't worth buying into. One of them(or two rather) are the VS and CV range of units. If you must look at the CX units at the very least. If you don't plan on upgrading that platform of yours(and/or keep the PSU for a long time) then a 450W unit is going to be fine,. otherwise you should look into a higher wattage unit...depending on what you want to upgrade to ofc.

Lutfij

Titan
Corsair is a reliable brand, just that some of their units aren't worth buying into. One of them(or two rather) are the VS and CV range of units. If you must look at the CX units at the very least. If you don't plan on upgrading that platform of yours(and/or keep the PSU for a long time) then a 450W unit is going to be fine,. otherwise you should look into a higher wattage unit...depending on what you want to upgrade to ofc.

Reactions: Kniol
Solution
Apr 29, 2022
T
The only cx unit i could find is the Corsair CX430M,also found a Corsair vengeance 400 and VS 450 for the same price as the Silverstone, i guess the Silverstone should be enough.

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
With Corsair :
CXM, VS, CX, CV, GS, CS, Vengeance, RM, TX, RMx,....

The 430w hasn't been used in 5 years. Any Corsair psu with any color other than black/white lettering is older than 5years as Corsair switched to black/silver in 2017 and black/white in 2019/2020.

Reactions: Kniol
Apr 29, 2022
With Corsair :
CXM, VS, CX, CV, GS, CS, Vengeance, RM, TX, RMx,....

The 430w hasn't been used in 5 years. Any Corsair psu with any color other than black/white lettering is older than 5years as Corsair switched to black/silver in 2017 and black/white in 2019/2020.
Alright thanks!