Question Corsair CV550 80 Bronze

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2021
Hello there,
I've read on this forum that my PSU is basically...not good. It's a basic group-regulated PSU and recommended for almost nothing...

The thing is my PC is a Celeron, with 8GB of RAM, 1 M2 Driver and a RX580 8GB. This is a very old PC that I use just for mining, so basically it's running almost 7/24. The card is pulling 87w and the rest of the system, almost nothing. As I said, I know the PSU is not good....but what do you think just for a system i assume it's pulling around 90/100w total. Am I going to kill it?

your comments will be greatly apprecaited.
regards,
L'

Last edited:
Hello there,
I've read on this forum that my PSU is basically...not good. It's a basic group-regulated PSU and recommended for almost nothing...

The thing is my PC is a Celeron, with 8GB of RAM, 1 M2 Driver and a RX580 8GB. This is a very old PC that I use just for mining, so basically it's running almost 7/24. The card is pulling 87w and the rest of the system, almost nothing. As I said, I know the PSU is not good....but what do you think just for a system i assume it's pulling around 90/100w total. Am I going to kill it?

your comments will be greatly apprecaited.
regards,
L'

It's not that the PSU is "bad" (as in, "may explode at any time"), it's that it's using older (read: cheaper) tech that may not work well with newer, higher end products. Given how old your parts are, I'd say a CV550 is actually overkill. :D

Reactions: PwOn
Status
Not open for further replies.