Cpu- Ryzen 5 3600
Gpu- Rx 580
Mobo- B450 tomahawk max
Psu- Corsair CV550
RAM- 8gb corsair vengeance 3200mhz
1tb hdd
240gb ssd
My question is-
Is it okay if I use a power surge [protector] for my gaming pc with the above mentioned specs? Can I also plug the cable of psu and monitor directly into the switch board? Or do I really need a UPS to handle the pc? I live in an area where there are minimal power cuts. So can i skip buying a ups and buy a surge [protector] instead? And if yes, which power surge should I buy? Kindly guide me. Your responses would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. 😄

Solution
you should be fine with just a surge protector. A Decent model with actual fuses should be what you look for, not just a power strip with no line protection. Get one with at least your total wattage. Match your PC + Monitor + any Peripherals like a printer.
you should be fine with just a surge protector. A Decent model with actual fuses should be what you look for, not just a power strip with no line protection. Get one with at least your total wattage. Match your PC + Monitor + any Peripherals like a printer.

Solution

rdhaval01

Prominent
Jul 29, 2020
Okay. Thank you. I just have a power strip with fuse installed in it. I guess it won't work as you mentioned. I'll have to buy a surge protector.