[SOLVED] Corsair CV650W 2nd PCIe ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Solution
Coil whine is not dangerous, so you can ignore it if you would like. Running multiple pcie cables fix coil whine since you are still drawing the same load from the same rail of the PSU.
Molex or sata to pcie adapters can be unsafe and problematic and I would never reccomend them, but even if you were to try one it would not help here.

In the end, you are running one of the cheapest models Corsair makes currently with a pretty expensive setup. I would suggest not running such a cheap PSU with a 3070.
May 7, 2021
Hey guys, I’m swapping the PSU right now, I have a doubt:

D7577-FF6-0-B17-4-C07-949-F-309281-E1-E8-CA.jpg

PCIe and CPU slot are on the bottom right, but I’ve connected the 2 PCIe for my GPU there, where I’m going to plug the CPU cable?

Can I use the SATA/PATA plugs?

Thanks

May 7, 2021
Thank you all guys for the suppotr and assistance, everything went great!

Coil whine seems reduced, still have to try without undervolt, but it's not annoying at all, I can barely hear it during benchmarks.

Only one thing bothering, this PSU (corsair rm750x) does a clear "CLICK" sound when shutting off, and a lighter "click" when tuning on.

The previous CV650 didn't do that, is it normal?