Dec 24, 2020
Hello! Yesterday I got a CX600 power supply for free from a friend. He said that it's randomly turning off in his system. I happily accepted it, thinking that it must have just not been enough for his system. I got it home and realized that it was full of dust. I've disassembled it. (Since the warranty was already voided by him.) Cleaned it out. Then I plugged it into my system. (Dell Precision T1600). Spins the CPU and GPU fans. Then instantly turns off. I thought my rig was too powerful for it. So I've tried the Green to Black jumping without the motherboard or anything else plugged in. And all it does that it spins up its cooling fan for a second and then turns off. No power is coming out of it. And I can't do anything with it unless I turn it off and wait 20-30 seconds and then plug it in. I don't really know what causes this, but I would like to know. I'm open to suggestions or tricks that I should try. I really hope this can be resolved quickly. Merry Christmas and Peace.

Solution
It doesn't use propiaerry connectors, its standard ATX. The power supply and the PC is roughly the same age.
Good that its not proprietary sockets. Still a low quality psu with a bad reputation which has now aged and psu components deteriorate with age and usage. My advice, don't connect this psu to anything you wish to keep.
The old CX are low quality units and this forum used to be be littered with threads of failing or failed examples that on occasion would damage other components. My dad had his motherboard and gpu killed by one. Best thing you can do is keep it away from any pc especially given its age.

Dec 24, 2020
The old CX are low quality units and this forum used to be be littered with threads of failing or failed examples that on occasion would damage other components. My dad had his motherboard and gpu killed by one. Best thing you can do is keep it away from any pc especially given its age.
I wanted it because i could have replaced the sh@t 400W psu that came with my dell. So i wouldn't have to use a puny RX560. Since the PSU in my Dell doesn't have any PCI-E connectors.

I wanted it because i could have replaced the sh@t 400W psu that came with my dell. So i wouldn't have to use a puny RX560. Since the PSU in my Dell doesn't have any PCI-E connectors.
At this point putting an old CX600 in your system is play Russian Roulette with your system every time you use it.

Also being Dell there is a chance it uses proprietary connectors for the motherboard.

Dec 24, 2020
At this point putting an old CX600 in your system is play Russian Roulette with your system every time you use it.

Also being Dell there is a chance it uses proprietary connectors for the motherboard.
It doesn't use propiaerry connectors, its standard ATX. The power supply and the PC is roughly the same age.