Question Corsair CX650 2017

Jun 1, 2020
Hey guys a buddy of mine has sold me a CX650 power supply brand new he never used. Was just wondering how these shape up on a Ryzen 5 3600x, Radeon RX5700xt, TUF X570-PLUS, Corsair platinum 3600mhz 16gb build I’m planning on building!

Lutfij

Titan
The CX of that era weren't bad but they weren't good either. I'd ask you to work with a GPU that is less power hungry than the XT version since the XT versions can draw more power than they were told on paper. Sans overclocking of any kind, you could live with it, but the PSU might show signs of struggling.

Jun 1, 2020
The CX of that era weren't bad but they weren't good either. I'd ask you to work with a GPU that is less power hungry than the XT version since the XT versions can draw more power than they were told on paper. Sans overclocking of any kind, you could live with it, but the PSU might show signs of struggling.
legend cheers for the reply! So would you recommend just the RX5700 not the XT with this power supply? Or should I just purchase a new power supply to support the extra power from the XT?