[SOLVED] Corsair CX650M ATX PSU Upside down?

bazz5313

Honorable
Oct 27, 2018
Hi, Just received my new build PC.
On checking inside the case, the Corsair CX650M appears to be fitted upside down. The writing on the case is upside down, and the orientatioin of the on.off switch and 3 pin plug are also upside down (after checking stock photo's of the PSU).

Is this safe? Is itOK?

Solution
On checking inside the case, the Corsair CX650M appears to be fitted upside down. The writing on the case is upside down, and the orientatioin of the on.off switch and 3 pin plug are also upside down (after checking stock photo's of the PSU).

Is this safe? Is itOK?

Gravity doesn't impact PSUs. It can be mounted fan up or fan down. As long as the fan has enough room to "breathe".

bazz5313

Honorable
Oct 27, 2018
Hi,
Yep, it has an airvent underneath the PSU. It is a KOLINK STRONGHOLD case, there are vents directly on the base under PSU, plus a mesh slide tray that can also pull out. The PSU is fitted within a shroud at the bottom of the case, so is basically totally inclosed within the shroud case with only 4 or 5mm clearance between shroud and top of PSU. ( plus there area a couple of the mobo wires which encroach over the top of the PSU). Have they fitted it upside down due to the shroud - if it was the "correct" way up there would be only the 4 or 5mm clearance at top?

https://kolink.eu/Home/case-1/midi-tower-2/stronghold-black-1.html

Last edited:

Is this safe? Is itOK?

Gravity doesn't impact PSUs. It can be mounted fan up or fan down. As long as the fan has enough room to "breathe".

Solution