[SOLVED] Corsair CX650M for RTX 2070

Solution
OK, not the best selection but a couple options.
https://www.evetech.co.za/corsair-rm750x-750w-power-supply/best-deal/4451.aspx
Very good PSU, but a bit more than you need to be honest. Not that that is a bad thing, other than the added cost.

Probably the better value for money option would be the Antec EAG. Good but not great, but half the price. 550W would be enough, but the 650W doesn't cost much more if you want to go for that.

Edit: And of course they're sold out of all of the Antecs. Another relatively cheap alternative is the CX650 (non-M). The non modular versions are actually better PSUs that the modular version you originally wanted to buy.

imranmoosa9

Commendable
Jun 9, 2017
Oh okay, I totally misunderstood then.

No, I haven’t bought a PSU yet so I am asking if that one would be any good.

I live in South Africa so websites and stock is relatively limited so I may not have access to the PSUs you may suggest or it may be well over priced

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
OK, not the best selection but a couple options.
https://www.evetech.co.za/corsair-rm750x-750w-power-supply/best-deal/4451.aspx
Very good PSU, but a bit more than you need to be honest. Not that that is a bad thing, other than the added cost.

Probably the better value for money option would be the Antec EAG. Good but not great, but half the price. 550W would be enough, but the 650W doesn't cost much more if you want to go for that.

Edit: And of course they're sold out of all of the Antecs. Another relatively cheap alternative is the CX650 (non-M). The non modular versions are actually better PSUs that the modular version you originally wanted to buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonnyguru
Solution
The RM650 is actually in stock and it's CHEAP!

The RM650 and RM650x are pretty much the same thing, except the RM actually has some LINK monitoring (+12V load and fan speed). Only the 750W and 850W were problematic (overheating) and they actually fixed that problem.

The only hesitation I would have is how long that PSU has been sitting around. If they have an air conditioned warehouse with a good humidity level, it should be fine. If they store their PSUs where it's hot and humid, the caps may not be in good condition anymore.

Reactions: TJ Hooker
@jonnyguru are the older RM units (2013?) still good by today's standards? I couldn't find too much info on them. The older reviews on your site are all still down :p

They're essentially the same as they are today.

When they came out with RMi a year after RM, which featured more robust Link support, they removed the minimal Link support RM had and called it RMx.

Reactions: TJ Hooker