Corsair CX750M pin out questions

bobby_moore

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
On a Corsair cx750m. They are coming out of the PSU with a 8 pin EPS connector to a PCI-E connector. My question is this, are 4 of the pins grounds and four of them power as in a regular 8 pin EPS? Or are three of them power and the other 5 grounds like on a regular PCI-E?
To give you an idea of what I am doing, I want to shuffle a couple wires around to help with layout on sleeving. But don't want to burn up my expensive GPU doing it.

Solution
I received an email to this post right after posting it from the moderators saying that I had violated or not held up some restriction on the site. It did not tell me why other than I did not read and follow post rules. Which I will tell you right now I have no intention of searching for the forum rulebook. Its a simple question, can it be answered or not. I must say that I was more than a little irritated, still am. Really, moderators, get a hold of yourself. Now I see that this post is actually being displayed. Not sure what is going through the moderators heads????????????? if anything. Anyway...................I solved the question on my own. Thank you tomshardware.com. moderators for hindering me. I will TRY to not let this...

bobby_moore

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
I received an email to this post right after posting it from the moderators saying that I had violated or not held up some restriction on the site. It did not tell me why other than I did not read and follow post rules. Which I will tell you right now I have no intention of searching for the forum rulebook. Its a simple question, can it be answered or not. I must say that I was more than a little irritated, still am. Really, moderators, get a hold of yourself. Now I see that this post is actually being displayed. Not sure what is going through the moderators heads????????????? if anything. Anyway...................I solved the question on my own. Thank you tomshardware.com. moderators for hindering me. I will TRY to not let this incident tarnish my opinion of your site.

Solution

bobby_moore

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
for anyone else actually wanting the answer: the PCI-E side of the power supply is set up as an EPS CPU 12v, so as long as you only move them side to side and not top to bottom on the connector it is fine, I really wish the PSU manufacturers wouldn't adapt an EPS for a PCI-E, just makes for double wires, which are a pita for sleeving and modding